How to remove badges?

Stroman

Diamond Member
I am considering removing the wrap from my Tama Silverstars, and I am not sure how to remove the badges without destroying them or possibly damaging the shell. The vent grommet passes through the middle of the badge, and I'm sure it was intended to be permanent.

Does anyone who has been down this path have any suggestions?

Im not sure what the inside of your grommets look like, but my Rockstars had the grommets all cut and bent over the inside of the shell. I uses a small screwdriver and pried up the bent edges and folded them in on themselves and pushed out the grommet from the inside. On my Gretsch kit the grommets were press fit and rolled over on the inside, so I had the take a dremmel and cut the grommets out. That was scary to do.

Im not sure what the inside of your grommets look like, but my Rockstars had the grommets all cut and bent over the inside of the shell. I uses a small screwdriver and pried up the bent edges and folded them in on themselves and pushed out the grommet from the inside. On my Gretsch kit the grommets were press fit and rolled over on the inside, so I had the take a dremmel and cut the grommets out. That was scary to do.

Yes, the grommet on the inside looks just like the outside. I think it IS going to be scary!

Grommet removal tool.​

Attachments

• 6a00e54f08b7be8834012875b77b5c970c.jpg
    6a00e54f08b7be8834012875b77b5c970c.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 153
Make sure that Sticks4Drums isn't around before you go removing badges!

Hahaha!! Those massive Mapex badges would be no problem - the vent hole doesn't run through them. It's a shame I'm not working on a set of Saturns, I could post pics and start a firestorm.

Back