The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

Re: THE Black Panther thread! for all BP snare fans and owners....

My 6.5X14'' steel BP I got last weekend :)

bpsnare.jpg

bp-kit2.jpg

Isn't that the one that comes with Pro M kits now? I'm getting a Pro M with the free 13x7 black panther :) cant wait... I know its not the best BP snare in the world, but its still sexy :D

Although i'm scared of panthers, here is my birdseye maple, just came today.

BlackPanther.jpg

Love to see all these great snares...
What are the prices some of you are paying on your various BP snares?
Can anyone chart a quick tonal reference of all the BP variations?

TwoBee

MapleCustom2B said:
Love to see all these great snares...
What are the prices some of you are paying on your various BP snares?
Can anyone chart a quick tonal reference of all the BP variations?

TwoBee

hi, I can tell you that all the best prices are here - www.midwestpercussion.com

and I can compare only three of them, cause I tryied two maple - and one bronze all of them 5,5 x14
first was the black finish maple drum with golden lugs and hoops - sounds very similar, like the birdseye maple
and what I have is bronze
mostly you here difference between these drums, when you hit the rimshot, maple sound more open, there is more air in the sound, and bronze is more concentrated, and it has a bigger punch, 'cause of the metal...but when you play ghost notes, on the bronze, it sounds, like you would play wooden snare....thats it :)
I will try to post sounds of both of the panthers - the birdseye maple my friend has, and the bronze one I have

take care

Here's my BP
12"x7" (5.8mm Maple & Cherry)

Photo722.jpg

Photo69.jpg

Sorry, i haven't got better pictures, i didn't find my digicam :p

I got my 14x6.5 Traditional Maple earlier this week and it's amazing! I barely even needed to tune the thing. I gave each of the lugs a half turn right out of the box and it sounds amazing! I can't wait to hear how good it'll sound once I get some better heads on this sucker and give it a proper tune up.

Pictures coming soon.

Akumz Razor said:
I got my 14x6.5 Traditional Maple earlier this week and it's amazing! I barely even needed to tune the thing. I gave each of the lugs a half turn right out of the box and it sounds amazing! I can't wait to hear how good it'll sound once I get some better heads on this sucker and give it a proper tune up.

Pictures coming soon.

and where is the picture? :)

Utterly and hopelessly lost

Alright folks...lately I've posted a few threads concerning snares because when I get my new one I want to be 1000% satisfied with my decision and enjoy its sound above any other. Now, I have my favorites from most of the big guys (If your interested, Black Beuaty from Ludwig, Plain ole' Copper from Yamaha, Copeland Sig from Tama, Chad Smith Sig from Pearl) but the one snare I have heard absolutely glowing reviews about are Black Panthers. I certainly would have tried them but my local drum shop has none. Would all you Black Panther folks tell me what I need to know. Also, do your local shops stock them, or did you buy them without hearing first? Thanks

I own the BP 13x3.5 in Birdseye Maple.

It's my favorite snare.

S.

Hey all bp fans.
Im going to buy a Black Panther snare , but I dont know wich one. I`m tripping between a Premium Brass 14x5 1/2 and a hammerd steel 14x6,5.
I like both brass and steel, but I wont get to try any of these drums before I buy them:(. None of drumshops in Oslo have them out for display or at the wearhouse. So I was wondering if any of you have tried any of these drums? wanna give a quick review??
Thanks Alot..
Magnus

MagnZ said:
Hey all bp fans.
Im going to buy a Black Panther snare , but I dont know wich one. I`m tripping between a Premium Brass 14x5 1/2 and a hammerd steel 14x6,5.
I like both brass and steel, but I wont get to try any of these drums before I buy them:(. None of drumshops in Oslo have them out for display or at the wearhouse. So I was wondering if any of you have tried any of these drums? wanna give a quick review??
Thanks Alot..
Magnus

Hello fellow norwegian! I've only tried one black panther snare and it was some wood thingy (5,5) wich actually sounded really good. But if you want a snare you could use for lots of different genres I would say go for the brass one. brass is more versitile then steel. But does none of the drumshops in Oslo got em?? That was very wierd, cause here in Bergen we got lots of em on display. But Bergen got Norways biggest drum shop so mabye thats why. Anyway, hope you find one!

Hei.. nope they dont have any of the models I want. They`ve had some other models wich also sounded good, but that's all.
Is it Pro Perc you are talking about? I`ve seen some pictures of the shop an it look`s awsome.
I think they might display it on kick music. They are opening a new store in Trondheims veien and its going to be alot bigger.:)

MagnZ said:
Hei.. nope they dont have any of the models I want. They`ve had some other models wich also sounded good, but that's all.
Is it Pro Perc you are talking about? I`ve seen some pictures of the shop an it look`s awsome.
I think they might display it on kick music. They are opening a new store in Trondheims veien and its going to be alot bigger.:)

Yes, it's Pro Perc I'm thinkin about, but is there going to be a bigger one??? :-O Halo crap, thats goatta be huuuuuuge....

Audun_D said:
Yes, it's Pro Perc I'm thinkin about, but is there going to be a bigger one??? :-O Halo crap, thats goatta be huuuuuuge....
hehe I dont know if its gonna be bigger then properc, but its going to be alot bigger then the old Kick Music store. Wich was quit big if you ask me:p

What a terrific bunch of snares! I have to say that my specific favorites have to be the hammered phosphor bronze, Cherry and Walnut. Mapex did such a good job at making those unique.

Back