My Guru Spaun replacement

Andy

Honorary Member
A few shots of my Origin series Custom range kit. Satinwood stave shells. 6mm thick bass drum, 5mm thick toms.

20" x 18"
14" x 13"
12" x 10"
10" x 9" (not shown)
8" x 8" (not shown)

Attachments

• custom1.jpg
    custom1.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 580
  • custom2.jpg
    custom2.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 539
  • custom3.jpg
    custom3.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 534
  • custom4.jpg
    custom4.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 535
  • custom5.jpg
    custom5.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 532
Very nice Andy! Can you get that stained a certain colour when ordering custom?

That is beautiful Andy! Maybe you've covered this already with your other Guru kits, but how do you attach the bass drum pedal? Or do you?

Are you sure you don't want to wrap it in white marine pearling? Kidding....kidding..... ;)

Absolutely gorgeous Andy ...and ready to go too, the reso head suits the "Fired Up" band's name :)

You're indeed a lucky guy to play such a kit... but you deserve it, and what's more, what's a better way to promote the Origin series than using one yourself, eh?

I will not be surprised if drummers approach you at gigs to comment on the kit, and incidentally, on you drumming too, haha....

That is one gorgeous kit. Absolutely amazing looking wood and lugs.

Wow awesome Ands...You've cut down the amount of toms? Too expensive? Lol.

Seriously, where's the rest of the toms? How will you do your famous quads down the racks?

BTW they are gorgeous. Can't wait to get my own set next year by June lol.

Very nice Andy! Can you get that stained a certain colour when ordering custom?
We won't be offering stains. This particular wood might not be to everyone's taste aesthetically. I specified it for it's sonic qualities, which are undeservedly stunning. One thing I can't capture on camera, is how the pearlescent figuring changes with light & movement :)

Wow awesome Ands...You've cut down the amount of toms? Too expensive? Lol.

Seriously, where's the rest of the toms?
The 8" & 10" are in the cases larry :)

That is one gorgeous kit. Absolutely amazing looking wood and lugs.[/QUOTET]Thanks Grunt. I think you'll probably like our classic range better, on a separate thread in the Drums section.

Absolutely gorgeous Andy ...and ready to go too, the reso head suits the "Fired Up" band's name :)

You're indeed a lucky guy to play such a kit... but you deserve it, and what's more, what's a better way to promote the Origin series than using one yourself, eh?
Indeed Henri, it's about time I was playing a Guru kit, & what a kit! Maple on steroids, then some more :)

That is beautiful Andy! Maybe you've covered this already with your other Guru kits, but how do you attach the bass drum pedal? Or do you?
Very observant my friend. It just so happens we've just finished our bass drum pedal bracket design, although unfortunately, we haven't had time to chrome plate them yet :( Great design - simply clips onto two discreet stainless steel pins on the back of the hoop, then rotate it into position underneath the hoop. Very secure, takes seconds to attach, no more hoop rash, and allows angle adjustment of the bass drum without hoop strain/warpage :)

Attachments

• bracket5.jpg
    bracket5.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 472
  • bracket4.jpg
    bracket4.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 472
  • bracket3.jpg
    bracket3.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 476
  • bracket2.jpg
    bracket2.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 472
  • bracket1.jpg
    bracket1.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 490
  • bracket6.jpg
    bracket6.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 478
Andy, why did you go an inch deeper than norm on all your upper toms?

Damn, that's just too beautiful for words. Interesting .... I know a guy in California who's into blonde wood. And Yamaha hardware. Sweet.​

Andy, why did you go an inch deeper than norm on all your upper toms?
With most drums, I wouldn't bother, mainly due to creation of difficult/unwanted overtones, but with origin, you can. The fundamental is just so clear voiced, you can create useful additional depth. The tone suits the wood species too.

Damn, that's just too beautiful for words. Interesting .... I know a guy in California who's into blonde wood. And Yamaha hardware. Sweet.​
Cheers Harry :)

Ingenious pedal plate design, that's worth it right there! Now about you playing for Dragonforce.....
glad you like the bracket Bo. A simple thing, & just one of the numerous little innovations that actually work on the Origin drums :)

As for Dragonforce, I think I'm about 30 years too late ;(

Is it just me or does the bass drum head kind of clash with the aesthetics of this beautiful kit?
Not a criticism (and I certainly can't talk given that my avatar is on my bass drums), it's just that these type of graphics go more with a "metal" kit, not so much a wooden beauty like this.

WOW!!! That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Thank you :)

Is it just me or does the bass drum head kind of clash with the aesthetics of this beautiful kit?
Not a criticism (and I certainly can't talk given that my avatar is on my bass drums), it's just that these type of graphics go more with a "metal" kit, not so much a wooden beauty like this.
I agree with you on that, especially from a drum show POV, but it's what I use for my band gigs. I think it's more a case of the kit's too good for the head ;)

(...) but it's what I use for my band gigs. I think it's more a case of the kit's too good for the head ;)
Kudos to you then, Andy! That graphic is a bit courageous in itself, let alone on a kit of this kind. But it could be interpreted like: Yes, I have a fresh approach. No, I'm not a hardcore traditionalist. Ya like it? Great, come over. Ya don't like it? No prob, look elsewhere ;-)
(I think I wouldn't dare to use a bass drum head with a cover like that, haha.)

Back