My New Mapex Meridian Maple 6 Piece Kit!!!

My new Mapex Meridian Maple Kit!! I finally bought my first good quality drum kit. I saw it in the store, it looked soo nice. Sat down and played it, sounded soo good. I ended up buying it and it was the single best purchase in my life. I bought it in August and most of the cymbals between then and now. This is also the first I've tried to post a picture so I'm not even sure if this will work, but its worth a try.

The drum sizes are 10"x8", 12"x9",14"x11", 16"x13" toms, 22"x18" bass drum and 14"x5.5" snare. The finish is Midnight Transparent black.

My Cymbals are:
Sabian HHX 13" X-Celerator Hi-Hats
Sabian HHX 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride
Sabian HHX 14" Evolution Mini-Chinese
Sabian AAX 8" Splash
Sabian AAX 16" Dark Crash
Zildjian K 18" Vintage Crash (70's)
Zildjian A Custom 18" China

Hardware:
Mapex, Tama, Pearl and Gibraltar stands and boom arms.
Pearl Eliminator Double Pedal (Red Cams)

I'm looking into getting new heads because the stock pinstripes sound a little dead. I am think about Coated Remo Vintage A's for the toms? Any Suggestions

drum1.jpg

drum16.jpg

drum14.jpg

drum13.jpg

drum12.jpg

Last edited:
That's because Windows Image Viewer automatically shrinks the pictures to actually fit on your screen. Most cameras these days shoot at a higher resolution than most computer monitors (on the order of 3000 x 2400).

Just resize them using Paint, photoshop, GIMP, etc...

Or upload them to Photobucket.com, and post the links as images

Great kit! You can join my HHX RBDR team, i think you might you and i might be the only owners on this forum!

Or upload them to Photobucket.com, and post the links as images

Great kit! You can join my HHX RBDR team, i think you might you and i might be the only owners on this forum!

I just changed the pictures sizes. Thanks!! And the Raw Bell Dry Ride is too awesome!! Its a shame we are the only users on this fourm.

Sweet kit. Some coated black heads would look great with it.

Sweet kit. Some coated black heads would look great with it.

I've tried some black suede ambassadors i think...maybe emperors? But anyways I found the sound was kinda dead...i never really got the drums to sound right and those were on my dads 3007 force, which is a pretty similar kit. I don't think I'd try a coated black head, but a Coated Ambassador or the Vintage A's that I mentioned in my previous post. But thanks for the feedback its always helpful. Also thanks for your comment on my drums...I love them sooo much. I love the two floor toms...I don't think I'll ever go back to one.
Cheers

I've got a birch kit, i've heard it thrown around that....

Mapex birch kits = Emperor heads
Mapex maple kits = Ambassadors

Im sure that either would suit these babies well, be proud of them man and LOVING that finish :)

George.

I too use the MAPEX Meridian Maple 6 piece Studioese Kit!! Just bought it a month ago and I love it!! I've already ordered my 8" tom!

Here's a list and pics of my set up:

Gibraltar 3 sided curved rack
Gibraltar Cymbal Booms
Duallist D-4 Pedal

Zildjian ZXT Series Cymbals in sizes:

10" Flash Splash
14" Solid Hi-hats
16" Medium Thin Crash
18" Medium Thin Crash
18" Rock Crash
18" Total China
20" Rock Ride

Stagg Tambourine
LP Jam Block
Cannon "Mega" Cowbell

Ahead Sticks
Ludwig Wide Cycle Throne

Attachments

• MAPEX Audience view.jpg
    MAPEX Audience view.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,370
  • MAPEX Cockpit View.jpg
    MAPEX Cockpit View.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,364
  • MAPEX Ready To Play.jpg
    MAPEX Ready To Play.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,535
I have a Meridian Maple as well and I love it. Your finish on yours is awesome doctor_benway. I also have the stock pinstripe heads on mine still. I don't see any reason to change these heads any time soon. These heads sound awesome on these kits. Best stock heads I have heard no doubt. Enjoy your drums.

Back