Blast from the past, my "old" Wacco setup

Hi, new member here.

This is my Wacco Custom kit (Keller shells, lovely little things)

These pics are pretty old by now, these days I do the "1 up 1 down" thing and I've switched to Istanbul Agops, I have sold almost all the Zildjians I had.

The Wood:
~~ Bassdrum 20" x 17" ~~
~~ Tom 12" x 7,5" ~~
~~ Floor Tom 14" x 13,5" ~~
~~ Floor Tom 16" x 15,5" ~~

~~ Snare is a Pearl Dennis Chambers signature ~~

The Bronze:
~~ Zildjian K Custom 14" Dark Hi-Hat ~~
~~ Zildjian K Custom 16" Session Crash ~~
~~ Zildjian K Constantinople Medium Thin Low Ride 20" ~~
~~ Zildjian K Constantinople Medium Ride 20" ~~
~~ Zildjian K Crash 18" ~~
~~ Zildjian Oriental Crash Of Doom 20" ~~

Attachments

• 10mk9zr.jpg
    10mk9zr.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 803
  • 256zmv4.jpg
    256zmv4.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 677
  • k1vthy.jpg
    k1vthy.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 682
  • msok9d.jpg
    msok9d.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 743
  • vrg5d1.jpg
    vrg5d1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 637
before it all flaked off, my first kit had the marine pearl wrap - i just love seeing these kits today and yours is a real beauty, looks vintage, classy and damn sharp!

just curios, why the switch from 2 down to just one? i ask because i'm considering adding a 14" ft to my set up , currently 12" up and 16" down...

...and those Istanbul's must be amazing cymbals if your Contantinople's to a back seat to them...

your kit looks amazing, one of the nicest kits ive seen on here, it looks so classy.
How do you find that size bass drum, for jazzier stuff, compared to an and 18incher.
Cheers

just curios, why the switch from 2 down to just one? i ask because i'm considering adding a 14" ft to my set up , currently 12" up and 16" down...

...and those Istanbul's must be amazing cymbals if your Contantinople's to a back seat to them...

Basically, I've discovered that I don't like 16" toms. They're too manly for my liking. And I can never get them to sound nice. I'm a natural when it comes to tuning 14" toms, I can really make those sing. But with 16" toms... nah, I've pretty much given up on them.

And I have found that I play better with fewer drums and cymbals around me. I also feel like I don't need three toms. Whatever it is that I can't do with two toms is most likely not good for the song anyway. It's different if you're playing Rush covers, but I don't do that...

The Istanbuls are f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c. My wife is going to have to accept that I now have around 16 hand-hammered Turkish girlfriends that I play with every day.

your kit looks amazing, one of the nicest kits ive seen on here, it looks so classy.
How do you find that size bass drum, for jazzier stuff, compared to an and 18incher.
Cheers

Thanks for the comment...

For jazzier stuff, I don't like using 20" bass drums at all. I can tune it right up and get the "right" sound, that boomy, melodic "bebop" kind of sound - that's not really the issue I suppose... but I find that by doing so I sacrifice the "feel" of the drum.

Paradiddles,

That is a very nice looking kit! Thanks for showing it off. I now need to go wipe off the drool cause I'm really diggin the cymbals too!

I'm a natural when it comes to tuning 14" toms, I can really make those sing. But with 16" toms... nah, I've pretty much given up on them.

The Istanbuls are f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c.

hmmm - interesting, thanks man, i'll keep the "less is probably enough" option in mind, glad to hear you liking the Agop's, cheers!

Back