So, I finally got my kit reassembled!

TColumbia37

Silver Member
Until yesterday, I haven't gotten the chance to play my kit in over a year. The lugs were breaking off left and right, so I set it aside, as I couldn't affort to replace them all at the time, and I'm primarily a guitarist. Well, I finally ordered replacement lugs and put it all back together.

Here's a picture:

Yes, it's wrapped in a hideous pink camo kevlar, and yes, I'm a grown man playing it. The funny thing is, we had a friend of ours come over today, because he's filling in on drums for our show this weekend. He got to our practice space and noticed the drums that he would be playing on. They used to belong to him! He traded them in at a local store, and I bought them shortly after.

Anyhow, It's a Ddrum Diablo She-Punx kit. Sounds great for a beginner kit
20" Kick
14" Floor tom
12" Rack tom
14" Mapex MPX birch snare
14" Sabian AAX Fast Hats
16" Sabian AAX Stage Crash
16" Sabian XS20 Medium Thin Crash (Sounds way better than the AAX, and is way cheaper)
20" Paiste Sound Formula Dry Ride
DW 5000 Single pedal
Dixson Bass Drum Lift

I am in love with this kit. From the gaudy finish, to the sizes and tone. It's an amazing shell pack for $200

The kit looks good. If you didn't say it was pink I would have never have known (I am color blind). I noticed you have the lamp shaped cymbal above your ride cymbal. Tell me; is that a Zildjian or a Paste cymbal?

Although I am color blind I know what the significance of colors mean. Like cold is blue and hot is red. Someone could be green with envy. I know a green camouflage is used for the jungle, grey is good for deserts, and blue camouflage is used by the navy when they are at sea. What would a pink camouflage be used for?

The kit looks good. If you didn't say it was pink I would have never have known (I am color blind). I noticed you have the lamp shaped cymbal above your ride cymbal. Tell me; is that a Zildjian or a Paste cymbal?

Although I am color blind I know what the significance of colors mean. Like cold is blue and hot is red. Someone could be green with envy. I know a green camouflage is used for the jungle, grey is good for deserts, and blue camouflage is used by the navy when they are at sea. What would a pink camouflage be used for?

It's for those folks who want to go to war looking fabulous

That is one sexy kit :)
I think that Andy should do a Guru in that wrap.

That is one sexy kit :)
I think that Andy should do a Guru in that wrap.

The more I look at it, the more I love it. My favorite part right now is the mini tube lugs (which cost me more than the kit itself did). I know I'm eventually going to have to upgrade, and I'll be very sad to pack these away again when I buy something nicer.

That's also one extremely high hi hat. You must be very tall or you are Dave Grohl

That's also one extremely high hi hat. You must be very tall or you are Dave Grohl

Haha. I wish I were Dave Grohl!

No, I play a lot of punk rock, and it's very difficult for me to play that fast on the hats and still get enough power out of my snare without raising the hats higher than I normally would. It really helps to add the extra space.

I used to play with my hats super low before I started playing the fast punk stuff, actually. Almost obnoxiously low.

Back