Warning, imminent British invasion of New Jersey & New Orleans!

Andy

Honorary Member
After a long absence from former colony touring, I'm due to make a number of USA trips this year ;) I'm kicking off next month, & stoked to say I'm meeting up with at least 3 forum members. These are trips related to my paid consultancy work, so I'm not free to choose when & where, but I am seizing the opportunity to do fun stuff along the way.

I'm over weekending at Larry's place (so looking forward to that), & hanging out with Jeff & Rich too. I'm then travelling to new Orleans for 3 days before returning via New York. Unfortunately, I'm only transiting New York, so no time to hang there, but I'm back to Manhattan in November for a week.

Anyhow, I've travelled most of the USA over the years, but never visited New Orleans, so keen to ship advice on the best midweek music hangs in town. Also, in consultation with Larry (who's gracious hospitality I'll be privileged to enjoy), happy to see any other forum scoundrels who wish to buy us all copious quantities of beer. I'm bringing sticks!!!!! (no, not THAT Sticks)

Anyhow, I've travelled most of the USA over the years, but never visited New Orleans, so keen to ship advice on the best midweek music hangs in town. Also, in consultation with Larry (who's gracious hospitality I'll be privileged to enjoy), happy to see any other forum scoundrels who wish to buy us all copious quantities of beer. I'm bringing sticks!!!!! (no, not THAT Sticks)

Two things:

1- You'll find good music all up and down Bourbon Street every day and night of the week. I would suggest dinner at the ACME Oyster house. Its in an alley behind the Crown Plaza at the intersection of Bourbon and Canal. Great catfish and oysters if you like seafood. Get there early though! The line can be long if you wait until normal dinner time.

2- Next time plan a trip to Las Vegas. We can jam at my rehearsal space and I'll show you around the Strip. Lots of good bands here too.

I hope you have a fantastic time, Andy! Give Larry a hug and a kiss from me, but don't let him jump your bones. Whatever that actually means, I'm sure my mother wouldn't approve.

Two things:

1- You'll find good music all up and down Bourbon Street every day and night of the week. I would suggest dinner at the ACME Oyster house. Its in an alley behind the Crown Plaza at the intersection of Bourbon and Canal. Great catfish and oysters if you like seafood. Get there early though! The line can be long if you wait until normal dinner time.

2- Next time plan a trip to Las Vegas. We can jam at my rehearsal space and I'll show you around the Strip. Lots of good bands here too.
Thanks for the NO advice Doug, & also your kind invite :) It's been 15 years since I last visited Vegas. I'm pretty sure the strip has changed massively. No trip planned to Vegas, but you never know.

I hope you have a fantastic time, Andy! Give Larry a hug and a kiss from me, but don't let him jump your bones. Whatever that actually means, I'm sure my mother wouldn't approve.
Kissing Larry is not on the menu, & anything close to a bone jumping attempt will result in a long term inability for Larry to sit comfortably ;)

If you stop by Michigan, you can hear my band's British accents that we've been practicing! Bobby's from Essex, I'm possibly from somewhere in England, and Don just really doesn't know what he's doing.

Also, sell your return plane ticket, ship me some Gurus with the money, and you can take my sailboat back home! Just like you always wanted! Remember?

If you stop by Michigan, you can hear my band's British accents that we've been practicing! Bobby's from Essex, I'm possibly from somewhere in England, and Don just really doesn't know what he's doing.

Also, sell your return plane ticket, ship me some Gurus with the money, and you can take my sailboat back home! Just like you always wanted! Remember?

So what, you'd set sail from the Great Lakes, and get out to the Atlantic through the St. Lawrence River? (my favorite river, what's yours?)

What could possibly go wrong?

Don't tell Andy, but I have a kidnapping plan all figured out and we're keeping him here. The Queen Mother doesn't want him back anyway, she was the one who asked me to steal him.

Preservation hall has live music just about every night so I would go check that out. Other than that, as Doug said, there are bars with music all around the French quarter. One place had dueling piano's and that was a pretty good time so I don't think you will have any difficulty finding music in NO.

Wish you guys had won your first invasion.. we could have been such a better country :(

So can we expect videos of your America adventure? I note your not posting exact dates and time-good idea least stalkers or groupies will be hounding you LOL. If you do post exact times I think we can manage to get a small musical group-sort of like "Something About Mary"- to follow you around so you have mood backdrop music for the adventure-just like TV. Wow we can make this a Real TV docudrama-we will have to invent some drama-maybe they discover you are an alien that allows you the ability to build such phenomenal drums-sort of like "The man who fell to earth". Yes indeed some David Bowie would fit nicely as backdrop music. This is going to be great -when are coming again???? Actually your nuclear experience and drum building do fit the "Alien" profile-ah the games afoot Watson. ---

'There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.'

Sherlock Holmes
I hope you have a great adventure Andy. If you run into troubles you have plenty of friends to alert for assistance.

Sorry I can't take in a full list of locations on this trip guys, but thank you so much for the invites - ya never know!

As for Larry's kidnap plan, according to Don, that form of hotel only exists in California. Anyhow, the Queen Mother is unlikely to have an opinion (for a number of reasons)

Preservation Hall - noted! :)

Hounded by groupies = encouraged ;)

So what, you'd set sail from the Great Lakes, and get out to the Atlantic through the St. Lawrence River? (my favorite river, what's yours?)

What could possibly go wrong?

Don't tell Andy, but I have a kidnapping plan all figured out and we're keeping him here. The Queen Mother doesn't want him back anyway, she was the one who asked me to steal him.

It's up to him to figure out how to the sailboat to the Atlantic and back home. He's the one who wants it so badly (remember, Andy? You alway wanted my dirty old...er...pristine racing sloop!) And my favorite river is the little creek winding through the woods on my parents' property, which I think might end in a cornfield a mile away...so he can't sail on that.

So you can organize getting the machinery for his little sweatshop, and I'll bring the fine Michigan hardwoods, what with our lake effect weather and rainfall making nice timber. He can make us drums and be "rewarded" with beer, chummy American camaraderie ("Nice, bro!"), and getting to run our live sound.

It's up to him to figure out how to the sailboat to the Atlantic and back home. He's the one who wants it so badly (remember, Andy? You alway wanted my dirty old...er...pristine racing sloop!) And my favorite river is the little creek winding through the woods on my parents' property, which I think might end in a cornfield a mile away...so he can't sail on that.

So you can organize getting the machinery for his little sweatshop, and I'll bring the fine Michigan hardwoods, what with our lake effect weather and rainfall making nice timber. He can make us drums and be "rewarded" with beer, chummy American camaraderie ("Nice, bro!"), and getting to run our live sound.
Wow, such a tempting & generous offer, but I'll have to decline on this occasion. It was all looking so agreeable until you mentioned running sound for your band ;) ;) ;)

hit me up when you get to NYC

when are you heading this way ?
Only transiting this time Ant, although I do have a 5 hour layover in JFK on my return leg. Jeff is travelling from North of New York to Larry's place in NJ for the weekend. You're most welcome to come and hang. I'll be with Larry from afternoon Friday 10th through to afternoon Sunday 12th :)

If you can't make that, I'll certainly take you up on your offer in November. I'm staying on Manhattan for about 5 days, so should be able to peel away for a bit of drummer hang time :)

I'm really looking forward to this Andy. I want you to know that I even had the house de-loused and flea bombed. There's still chiggers and bed bugs, but the lice and flea populations will be greatly reduced. I want you to enjoy your stay!

I was going to surprise you but I just can't hold it in any longer.... I decided to use the good paper plates.

Nothing but the best for you man.

I was going to surprise you but I just can't hold it in any longer.... I decided to use the good paper plates.

Nothing but the best for you man.

Andy, when folks in PA bring out the good paper, you're a very special guest. I'll bet he's making sure to save you the really soft corn cobs for your out-house use as well.

Andy, when folks in PA bring out the good paper, you're a very special guest. I'll bet he's making sure to save you the really soft corn cobs for your out-house use as well.

Ewww soft corn cobs...what a great idea! Imagining that now....mmmmmm.....lol

I have a temporary inhouse outhouse...I dragged it inside for him. It's amazing, after a few minutes, you don't even notice the stench!

I may just keep it there.

Oh you boys!!! (said in a droopy wrist kinda fashion) ;)

Best paper plates? We used to dream about paper plates. Next, you'll be telling me you've upgraded the Izal (now let's see who links the Python sketch & more obscure Brit brand personal hygiene product) :) Only Brits of a certain age will get that one. Wire brush & Dettol eh chaps?

Back