Mizzou's Big Mo Bass Drum

DONE - now, it is time to build the marching harness!!!!

Attachments

• front E.jpg
    front E.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,182
  • side E.jpg
    side E.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,871
LISTEN FOR YOURSELF

NOTE: I did not crank the drum head down, and neither did I really hit it hard. I will leave it to the drummers at Mizzou to put the first dents in the heads! nonetheless - here is a rough idea of the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDXk05td_Mc

That drum was a question (err... answer) on Jeopardy a week or two ago... There was a whole drum category, that I did embarrassingly badly at (just like real drumming).

It has been a while since this post was active, but, since Perdue University has called me a liar, I want to respond with the fact - BIG MO is 9' in diameter - and that is head size NOT size from lugs to opposite lug - that would make it about 9'5" and NOT distance from the bottom wheel of the cart to the top (that would be over 11', but the actual head diameter -9'. The Purdue (is that where the chickens come from?) University drum is 7'3" in diameter. that is the published size AND the size of the head they order from REMO. I really do not care who has the biggest drum, but I hate being called a liar.

Hey Vibeguy, anyone who knows you knows darn well you are not a liar! And the new Harvard beauty looks great!

Jack

Back