Selling my kit, need help with the $

jacol

Ok so im selling my blue Pearl Export, I have had it for about a year and im moving on to a new drum set, I was given this set so i dont really know how much its worth, It has a couple of scratches and I know its from the Early 2000's, Im selling it without the cymbals, its a 5 piece

it sorta looks like this

http://www.securenetpages.com/drums/DrumSet2.jpg

I don't expect that you'd get more than a couple-hundred bucks for it. It's not a high-end Pearl so it won't carry a very good resale value. You might even look into using it as a trade-in for duckets toward a new one at a local music store. They'll typically give you half of what they think they can move it for.

Go on ebay. In the search bar at the top, click on "advanced search." On that page, type in "pearl export" for the keywords, select the category "musical instruments" and check the box below that says "show completed listings only." This should give you a good idea of the going rate. Items that sold will show a price in green. Items that didn't sell show a price in red.

I have that same kit, with the same badges. Mine has a beat up stained/lacquered finish though. I got the 5 piece kit for $350 4 years ago, and with the economy being what it is today, I think thats a fair asking price. At least its a starting point.

If ya don't get any takers, then you know you are asking to much...

Sorry, but it's honestly not worth much. A used music store I went to once offered to sell me a Pearl Export like that for only $250.

Back