AC/DC Drummer Phil Rudd Releasing Solo Album

Scott K Fish

Silver Member
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd becomes head man on solo job
The Australian, August 23, 2014 12:00AM
Iain Shedden, Music Writer, Sydney

747506-057b20e6-299b-11e4-aa48-1bd4f57790de.jpg

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd doesn’t hold back about his ambitions for his debut solo album, Head Job, which will be released next week.

“No 1 worldwide,” the 60-year-old said with a grin. “That’s only my opinion, though. I’ve been wrong before.”

Rudd’s music, which he recorded with New Zealand musicians Allan Badger and Geoffrey Martin, isn’t too different stylistically from the four-on-the-floor rock ’n’ roll he plays with his other band, but he said he would never contemplate trying to write an AC/DC song himself.

“I couldn’t write an AC/DC song,” he said. “I don’t know how to do that. But I enjoyed writing the songs for this album. And there will be more.”

Rudd isn’t planning to go on the road with his latest project, but he did confirm that AC/DC will tour when their new album is released, possibly as soon as the end of this year.

Full story

Scott K Fish: Life Beyond the Cymbals

I've always wondered why people who break out on their own and get another group of musicians always call them SOLO albums. Why is it that AC/DC wouldn't back him in his endeavor. He backed them for 50 years. The first thing one does when they break out on their own, is hire band mates. I could understand if he went into a jazz thing. Just a thought.

hmm judging by the picture of the rudster and his mate he should call his solo band the "fugly sticks"

the track thats online sounds like a bad motorhead reject.

and AC/DC havent broken up - they took a break due to Malcolm Young's illness and are continuing with his (I think) nephew

Back