Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

Quick question for you Sonor veterans...what is the actual measurement on These drum diameters? Would a 22" Bass drum true diameter be 21 3/4"? 21 13/16"? Am I even close here?
Thanks!

What series? I'm sure folks would do an actual measurement for you. may I ask what you are doing to needs the exacts?

What series? I'm sure folks would do an actual measurement for you. may I ask what you are doing to needs the exacts?

The top Lines Designer/SQ2, And the Lite lines. just curiosity for the most part. I have wanted a Sonor kit for the last 20 years, hoping to at least get a small set of ProLites soon(trying to sell my current kit and a truck to get them) I have heard so much about shell undersizes, I.E. industry standards being 1/4, gretsch supposedly a little more. I think Premier did it at one time as well.
I see you're up in Sac, I am down 5 in Patterson....Do we have a stocking Sonor dealer in the Valley?
I used to drool over the Sonors at Drummers Tradition in Novato when I was a kid(Grew up in Richmond)Caught Steve Smith in there a few times. But most places just Have the Bop kits, and the Asian stuff. Was contemplating a 5 hour drive to Samiam down the other side of the Grapevine.

OK, for those who aren't really into the big kits and didn't like my double bass kit on a rack, here's some pics of a smaller set up Ive been using for an indie band in London. 22, 10,12 &14. Pics are from a different rock band, thought I'd try it there too.

I think next time, I'll take a 15 or 16 instead of the 14, or maybe add another one in. I didn't bother at first as I can get all 3 of those toms in one drum case:)

Back to the full kit tonight for a prog band rehearsal, where I will no doubt be attempting my bad Gavin Harrison impressions LOL

14411216096_bafeb8c107_o.jpg

14434330645_dc6082da23_o.jpg

14433010782_c7bc6eef62_o.jpg

Nice! How do you like the Dirils? What range is that Diril China?

Nice! How do you like the Dirils? What range is that Diril China?

I really, really like Diril Cymbals...they´re not only sounding great i also like the fact that all sizes (no matter which series) are the same price (and not so expensive, compared to byzance e.g....)! Also the contact (via facebook) with the german distribution ist nice, they´re really kind...
I´m currently replacing all my old cymbals step by step with dirils...just got a 16" crash to replace the alpha ;D
What do you mean with "range"? size? it´s 18"

I mean is it a Raw bell or a D series etc, they do different lines don't they?

KIT UPDATE:

Couldn't have some poor quality americn snare on this kit now could I? So Ive added a Sonor Gavin Harrison Protean snare.

Also added a 16" Meinl Byzance china.

No Bass drums, too heavy to lug downstairs just to play with cymbal set ups LOL

14757052053_aa0fb51414_o.jpg

KIT UPDATE:

Couldn't have some poor quality americn snare on this kit now could I? So Ive added a Sonor Gavin Harrison Protean snare.

Small world! I was the guy that sold you that Meinl China!

LOL. Not sure I like it TBH, bit clangy and dark. I think I might be better off with oriental trash or an ozone or something for the sound Im looking for.

Thought I'd post some pics of my new drums - a Sonor Essential Force Stage S kit in cream white. This is my new Colaiuta inspired setup. The dimensions are 14x6.5 snare, 10x6.5, 12x7, 14x12 and 16x14 toms, and 22x20 bass drum. I'm using both the hardware that came with the kit (it's pretty good) and the Tama and Ludwig hardware I had before. The last pic is from a month ago when the kit was brand new.

I love it! I'm moving to a music school in August, there I will change the tom heads (I'll go with coated G2s on batter). I really like the snare drum, too. I have a 42 strand snare on it and it sounds amazing on all tuning levels.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpg
    IMG_6164.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,051
  • IMG_6170.jpg
    IMG_6170.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 2,087
  • IMG_5437.jpg
    IMG_5437.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 2,071
KIT UPDATE:

Nothing wrong with Ludwig snares but that has got to be an improvement!

Please take yet another pic of the kit set up with the bass drums!

Now complete with a side snare (my old Tama Superstar 14x5.5 cranked to the max) :)

Attachments

• IMG_6183.jpg
    IMG_6183.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 1,956
The new kit arrived this week! Birch Infinites... color is Vintage Onyx. Just waiting for the brass snare to arrive form Germany in the Fall so hopefully some better pics. as well. Amazing drums.

Last edited:
The new kit arrived this week! Birch Infinites... color is Vintage Onyx. Just waiting for the brass snare to arrive form Germany in the Fall so hopefully some better pics. as well. Amazing drums.

Ooh la la. Very nice!

Overhead View. I thought it was a cool pic. ;-)

Attachments

• from the top.jpg
    from the top.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 1,988
ncc, the wood grain on those drums you have is just gorgeous.

Last edited:

That was possibly the best looking finish I have ever seen on a drum kit... I'm a sucker for natural wood grain! Would have prefered the bass hoop in the same color, but damn... nice.

Back