The Brady Kit!

Snowdogyyz

Just recently picked up a Brady kit from a friend who didn't need it anymore. Jarrah wood in Turtleback satin finish; 22x17, 16x14, 14x12, 12x9, 10x8, and 14x6 snare. Sounds AMAZING! It was built in 2003.

BradyKit003.jpg

BradyKit004.jpg

BradyKit006.jpg

BradyKit008.jpg

BradyKit001.jpg

The snare shelf: top shelf- 5x14 Brady Jarrah Ply; 6x14 Brady Jarrah Ply; 6x14 Brady Jarrah Block. Lower shelf: 5x14 Sonor Brass Symphonic; 6x14 Sonor Cottonwood Artist Signature; 5x14 Sonor Blanched Roots Artist Signature.

BradyKit017.jpg

Last edited:
My god, wow. Thats all I can say is wow.

I hope you love that, because a kit like that is just...pure amazing.

Just recently picked up a Brady kit from a friend who didn't need it anymore. Jarrah wood in Wandoo Burl finish; 22x17, 16x14, 14x12, 12x9, 10x8, and 14x6 snare. Sounds AMAZING! It was built in 2003.

Hmm, HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL or should I say BRADY!?! A friend who didn't need it anymore...who the heck might that be and do they have any siblings who might have that same penchant? Beautiful kit Dude and what a wonderful way to get it...I assume it was a sweet deal? It sure looks good...must sound amazing?

MAN!!!!! That is sweet, I LOVE Brady's. I just got my second Brady snare and Pretty much the rest of my snares sit around while I use those. Truly Amazing.

The Wandoo Burl is a discontinued finish now as well, I talked to Kelly Brady when I ordered my snare a few months back and they were building the last kit in that finish then.

Awesome set man, enjoy...............and think of me when you play it cause I want one. LOL. Trade ya my cat maples for it ;)

Hmm, HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL or should I say BRADY!?! A friend who didn't need it anymore...who the heck might that be and do they have any siblings who might have that same penchant? Beautiful kit Dude and what a wonderful way to get it...I assume it was a sweet deal? It sure looks good...must sound amazing?

Ha! I wish he did have someone else who may want to do the same thing! He had not played the kit in a long time and his business is struggling a bit, so he offered the kit to me at a smoking deal to raise some cash... a deal I could not refuse. So, I got an awesome kit and he got some much needed cash. Both parties are extremely happy! The kit is smoking though... really deep, resonant tom sound that Brady is known for. I'm very happy with it! Thanks for the comments everyone.

You are one very lucky person! And nice friend you have! Did you get the istanbul cymbals as well?

I love the kit it's beautiful, nice collection of snares as well!!!!

yo. your kit looks sick. i just got a mapex saturn 5 star exclusive walnut/birch and i'm having problems getting my pictures to upload. can you assist? but your kit looks amazing..

Awesome set and snare drum collection!
How do you like the Sonor 14x6" Artist?

The finish of the Brady kit is delicious, I know that those are high-end kind of drums. Very fine set of drums for sure, is that a satin finish?

Karl

You are one very lucky person! And nice friend you have! Did you get the istanbul cymbals as well?

I love the kit it's beautiful, nice collection of snares as well!!!!

Thanks! Yeah... those are Istanbul AGOP cymbals. I have collected them over some time though. Current set up (in pics) is:

15" Traditional Hats
17 and 18" Traditional Dark Crashes
18" Traditional Medium Crash
10" Alchemy splash
12" Trash Hit
22" Azure Ride
22" Alchemy Pro China

Awesome set and snare drum collection!
How do you like the Sonor 14x6" Artist?

The finish of the Brady kit is delicious, I know that those are high-end kind of drums. Very fine set of drums for sure, is that a satin finish?

Karl

Thanks Karl. The Artist Cottonwood is very, very nice. Sensitive and tunable to any range. It's my work horse snare. It would take a LOT of money to pry that one away from me! The kit is a satin finish. The drums were built in 2003 and there is not a single scratch on them. They were well cared for. Looking back at the pics... I think I may need to dust them!

yo. your kit looks sick. i just got a mapex saturn 5 star exclusive walnut/birch and i'm having problems getting my pictures to upload. can you assist? but your kit looks amazing..

I post my pics on photobucket.com. Then, I right click on the picture, copy the http link, then use the image icon (the little image with the mountains on it above where you type a new post) and paste the link there when it asks for the url link. You can also use the manage attachments tool at the bottom when you do a new post and upload pics there, but they have to be a certain size and they won't show up as pics, but as attachments. Hope that helps!

marcia, Marcia, MARCIA!!!!

Ha HA!!! Man, I've not paid much attention to Brady Drums, but I really like the minimal hardware on the shells. Those have to be the smallest lugs I've ever seen. Cool shite man!!

What a crappy kit. I can't believe you would even upload pictures of such a half-rate piece of junk.

.. But seriously... sweet deal. You have a great set up going on.

Sweet kit. I really like the snare drums, as well. (Especially the Sonors!)

Back