New Years gig pics!!

Looks like you guys had fun! I also like the tux shirts. Gigs like that with a mixed age audience are always fun. Your kit looked great. Your whole band has nice equipment. Presentation is always important at a live show. I'm curious about one thing. It appears that your PA speakers were behind your mics, Was feedback a problem?

haha..naw...those Peavey's on the wall, we werent using those..

Speaker.JPG

thats the best pic i could find...

we were running 1 JBL 2x15's on each side, and 1 Peavey 2x15 on each side.
also 1 peavey 18" sub on each side, and 1 JBL 2x18" on each side..
and then 4 monitors..
so, 4 mains, 4 subs, 4 monitors..

the ones mounted on the wall are the house system used for speaking...
we would've blew those in no time..lol

thanks for the compliments!

Alex

just some better pics my best friends mom took..

Concert-Misc 009.jpg

Concert-Misc 010.jpg

Concert-Misc 013.jpg

^i threw all of my broken sticks out to the crowd, and thats what i was doing there..lol..
i got a bigger response than what i had even hoped for..like everyone wanted it..so i ended up just giving out stick that werent broken..lol...
i broke 4 in the night tho..

Alex

^i threw all of my broken sticks out to the crowd, and thats what i was doing there..lol..
i got a bigger response than what i had even hoped for..like everyone wanted it..so i ended up just giving out stick that werent broken..lol...
i broke 4 in the night tho..

Alex

4 broken sticks in one gig? Wow. You might consider looking into some Japanese Oak sticks- they're a lot more durable. I played some cheap-o sticks (of the "Bucket-o-" variety) the other night, and broke them after about 4 songs. I'd been SPOILED by my Japan Oak sticks. Good stuff.

Lucks like a blast, and certainly more fun than my NYE being harassed by drunks at a "family friendly" community bash... My wife and I ended up going home at 11pm.

haha..
yeah!
these were Sound Percussion 5B nylon tips...but its whatever..

yeah...the show was over around 12:30, packed up, and got home at 4 in the morning..lol

Alex

Yikes. Not too used to tearing down your sound rig, are you? When my band was running full tilt, we could get the whole rig torn down and loaded in an hour tops... and that's while still talking to fans afterward. How far away was the gig?

naw, that wasnt it...

it was a 4 band show, so we all helped each other load equipment and everything..

and, the PA system was freakin massive....so that took most of the time..and we were really slow about everything..just kinda lazy..
lol

Alex

Back