The "abstract" thread

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I just had an idea for a thread. This may fall flat on it's face, or it could be the longest thread in DW history. One that has no specific topic per se, just a peek inside different drummers minds. Anything goes. I'll start.

12/15/2009 I don't feel like working at all today. (electrical work) I just want to stay home and do whatever I feel like. But I can't.

Next? What is you main overriding thought today?

How much it will cost me to get my AC units fixed, and how long will it take to get this thread moved to the Off Topic Lounge.

Whoops sorry! Dog, can you give this thread a lift to the off topic lounge?

Why did my Rhythmtech snares break half way through an important gig last night? Why was I stupid enough not to bring my spare snare drum? Why did I agree to gig a number we played for the first time at sound check?

Your snares broke? Or the cord? Gotta stop tightening them snares with pliers!

I was just thinkin how fricken easy and work-deprived my first semester at college was. While all my college buddies are pullin all-nighters at our library writing 10 page term papers and studying over the impossible final thats comin up, i find myself with excess free time and no one to hang out with because they're all so busy doin work. But hey, gives me time to write music and go on drummerworld, so im not complaining.

College is awesome :)

Unloaded all my drumming gear from the car last night.

My second kit is over at a studio. I want to play but I'm too lazy to drag all my crap downstairs and set it up.

I will anyway.

Your snares broke? Or the cord? Gotta stop tightening them snares with pliers!
No Larry, not standard snares. The Rhythmtech snare wires are contained in a frame that keeps the wires under a constant tension. The strainer is only used to raise & lower the wires assembly. It's the frame that broke. Although they sound good, I won't be using them again.

I want to take the day off and read this new book I bought, but I know I'll end up reading it late tonight and not absorbing any of the info.

Lame thought, but I love the thread idea.

Speaking of books, can anyone recommend some good books? I'm going on a cruise Friday and need some reading material. I've already got Effortless Mastery.

Right now, and for the last few days (after my first ever complete head swap), I am all but completely obsessed with wether or not I got everything seated/tuned right, picked the right heads, and how to get my recorded sound better in my non-recording friendly room...

I set up my drums and I've been playing for a few hours. My wife is cooking dinner.

The world is good!

I'm sitting at home with a sore tush and low energy levels and my band will be playing tonight with a fill-in drummer :( On the plus side, I'm not well enough to go to work either :)

Larry, I think Effortless Mastery will appeal to the musical philosopher in you. I'd still like to know if anyone has read that book and taken on Kenny Wheeler's four-step approach from go to whoa. I don't know of anyone who has that much patience!

I'm just feeling really lazy and am tired of working hard for the last 37 years and who wants the life of my cat.

My cat hasn't a care in the world, he gets to hunt and carouse with his kitty friends from the neighborhood, has all of his meals served to him, and never has to pay a bill or clean up or mow the lawn or pay kitten support.

Last week he left the back half of a squirrel on my deck, and last night, he left me a squirrels face. He's like Jack the Ripper when it comes to small mammals. It was cool seeing him eat the raw guts out of that squirrel. Fascinating.

In an hour, I'll be waking up the kids from their naps to take them to their grandma's house while I head off to a caroling gig. Fa la la la laaaaa...

I'm auditioning for a group tomorrow morning, and I am currently listening to the material for the first time. Pretty straight forward stuff, but I got the CD a week ago and forgot to give it a listen until right now. Oops!

I made some amazing Chicken Tikka Masala last night! Yum! The leftovers for lunch today were just as good.

No matter how thin you slice it, it's still bologna!

As abstract as I can get currently, is to ask Caddy....what the hell is PEWFLADCC? I've been left wondering since I joined the forums. Have googled it, but all I get are links back to your posts - which as you know, I always find informative - but the mystery remains! Can you solve this riddle for me once and for all?

I'm sitting at home with a sore tush and low energy levels and my band will be playing tonight with a fill-in drummer :( On the plus side, I'm not well enough to go to work either :)

Larry, I think Effortless Mastery will appeal to the musical philosopher in you. I'd still like to know if anyone has read that book and taken on Kenny Wheeler's four-step approach from go to whoa. I don't know of anyone who has that much patience!

Polly, know what's good for a sore tushie and low energy levels?

A nice hot tub, outside preferably.

Also in my last post I stated that I already have Effortless Mastery you ding dong.

But you're recovering aren't you...

Poor Baby...

Speaking of books, can anyone recommend some good books? I'm going on a cruise Friday and need some reading material. I've already got Effortless Mastery.

Bhudda: A Story of Enlightenment - by Deepak Chopra.

In an hour, I'll be waking up the kids from their naps to take them to their grandma's house while I head off to a caroling gig. Fa la la la laaaaa...

In a horse drawn sleigh right? That is so Norman Rockwell. Are you recording this gig?

Back