Sonor SQ2 6 Piece + Paiste Sigs

hateplow

Silver Member
Just got my 8x7 tom...
good.jpg

good2.jpg

8x7, 10x9, 12x11, 15x15, 20x18 Kick, 13x6.5 SD
^ Thin birch ^ ^ Medium birch ^ ^Heavy birch^

Ebony outer veneer, Scandinavian birch inner veneer.

Paiste Signature cymbals:
21" Full Ride
16, 18" Full Crashes
14" Sound Edge Hats
8, 10" Splashes

DW 9000 Double Pedal
Tama Velo Glide Iron Cobra HH stand

That is a stellar set, I absolutely love the way the white bass drum head looks against the darker finish........

Are you gonna be ordering in anything else?

-Jonathan

Thanks for the compliments! As good as it looks, it sounds even better.

Are you gonna be ordering in anything else?

-Jonathan

I'm not sure which direction to go as far as more add-ons. I kinda put myself in a weird spot by ordering a 15x15 floor. I'm not sure a 16x16 would be enough separation from the 15. An 18 would be too big.
Maybe a 22x18 kick, or an 14x8 snare.
I'm broke for now, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it.

Very nice kit.

Jealous. :)

I'm not sure which direction to go as far as more add-ons.

As always...beautiful drums HP...love the additions.

I vote for a 26" kick. Why not go for something wildly different than what you've already got? A 22" would be a waste, IMO.

Two beautiful combos there. Paiste Sigs and a SQ2. It doesn't get any better.

great looking kit most definately my favorite kit here on drummerworld.

My man you are playing Gretsch Purewood Bubinga. I wouldn't be too jealous. I keep looking at those as an upgrade.

I also really like that purewood kit...it's pretty unique.

Love the kit man. Nice finish. they are great kits
I just bought myself an SQ2 in the Stratawood finish. Best buy ever. I have a 10x8, 12x8, 16x14, 22x20 BD and a 14x6 SD,.The kick sounds like a cannon. I am using coated Remo Emperors on the toms. Just out of interest. what skins are you using and whats your sound like?
speak soon.
GAZ
[email protected]

Love the kit man. Nice finish. they are great kits
I just bought myself an SQ2 in the Stratawood finish. Best buy ever. I have a 10x8, 12x8, 16x14, 22x20 BD and a 14x6 SD,.The kick sounds like a cannon. I am using coated Remo Emperors on the toms. Just out of interest. what skins are you using and whats your sound like?
speak soon.
GAZ
[email protected]

Hey, Gaz. I am using Evans Clear g2s on top and clear g1s on the bottom. I am using an Evans EMAD on the kick, with an Evans pillow in the kick.

This kit sounds incredibly resonant. It sounds EQ'd. Very good projection, with a very pronounced "Doooo" pitch bend. Phil Collins like. I just started using a drum dial to help tune my kit, and it has really made the sound amazing and consistent.

Can't wait to see some pics of the Stratawood!

-Adam

Back