Wolfmother: Cosmic Egg

bradmapex

I got the album when it first came out a couple weeks ago, and i gotta say the new band is amazing. There is nothing like old Wolfmother, but this is a completly different band now, and i love it. They rock out when they need too, and they slow it down when the time is right. I saw them live when they came to Toronto and it was the best concert I've been too. They were justin rockin the building. Last they drums on the album are some of the best drums i've heard in a while, sound wise and groove wise. Tell me what you guys think, Thanks
b r a d .

I love phase ii. I was a huge fan of wolfmother before the change, all of the songs on the first album have over one hundred plays on my computer. I will have to agree though i think the new album is even better. It just flat out rocks on pilgrim and 10000 feet and then completely changes gears with songs like white feather and in the castle. I just think the versaltility and talent is incredible, best band right now imo.

That bands like Wolfmother can still exist in the modern environment sums up everything that is wrong with the backward-looking, retroactive music industry.

Thanks for making aware of this band - love it. They rock the house for sure!!!

Bernhard

A friend of mine turned me on to them and I really didn't care for them. If I wanted to listen to some Zeppelin I'd just throw some on. Wolfemother sound too much like them.

A friend of mine turned me on to them and I really didn't care for them. If I wanted to listen to some Zeppelin I'd just throw some on. Wolfemother sound too much like them.

I disagree, I think that you can feel the vibe of the Black Sabbath, and Zepplin and all the greats that they love and play after. But its no distinct enough in my mind, there are some riffs that you can feel other bands in, but you can still feel that signature Wolfmother sound to them.

As an Australian, I wish to take this opportunity to deeply apologize for Wolfmother. I am ashamed to the core every time I hear them and when I saw them play at the Rugby League Grand Final this year it was all I could do to squirm into a little corner of my couch and hide away.

Again, I am extremely sorry that my country has allowed this outrage to be foisted onto the world stage.

Yours, humbly and with deep anxiety for what has happened, Wy.

As an Australian, I wish to take this opportunity to deeply apologize for Wolfmother. I am ashamed to the core every time I hear them and when I saw them play at the Rugby League Grand Final this year it was all I could do to squirm into a little corner of my couch and hide away.

Again, I am extremely sorry that my country has allowed this outrage to be foisted onto the world stage.

Yours, humbly and with deep anxiety for what has happened, Wy.

This is a brilliant post. I feel your pain on so many levels, although as an Englishman, I have to allow myself a moment of gloating.

Back