sticker on bd reso head

stabmasterarson

I'm looking to get my band's logo on my bass drums. There's a sticker shop in my town that does custom decals and I was thinking about going to them to make me 2 large stickers of our logo. The total cost would be about 35 dollars for one color.

Has anyone done this? Will it affect the way the drum plays by adding a sticker to the reso head, or will it tear, etc? I am going to be using triggers starting next week, would it make a difference if there's a large sticker on the reso?

I got a "custom" Mapex logo for my reso head made from a local sign shop. Now at 1.5" x 7" it's not really a threat to interfere with the sound.

But I would recommend drumart.com. Those guys are easy to deal with and you can get a whole new head with your logo screened on it. Or you can keep your current head and get a removable sticker with your logo. About $80 to $90 depending on whether you get a new head or not.

That being said, their removable logos do not seem to affect sound, I don't know if the sign shop material would be any different. Hope that helps.

vintagelogos is an advertiser, they do pretty good work, IMO. I got an initialed sheild from them, but they do full heads as well. The removable vinyl static-cling things seem like they'd be great, if you use smooth front heads.

The best idea is to get a removable sticker, the kind that can come on and off. Bands come and go, even when you don't think so, and bass drum heads are not cheap. Also, you don't know if you'll join a second project, be asked to fill in for another drummer, or anything else where you should not have your band name shown.

I'm looking to get my band's logo on my bass drums. There's a sticker shop in my town that does custom decals and I was thinking about going to them to make me 2 large stickers of our logo. The total cost would be about 35 dollars for one color.

Has anyone done this? Will it affect the way the drum plays by adding a sticker to the reso head, or will it tear, etc? I am going to be using triggers starting next week, would it make a difference if there's a large sticker on the reso?

I've done it. Worked great.

Sure, technically it alter the sound, but I wouldn't say it's very noticeable given the size of a bass drum, and that fact that most people have some sort of muffling on a bass drum anyway. If you're triggering, you won't even notice.

Back