RHD's DW Blue Glass Kit!!!

RHD03

The day for the new kit has arrived...and it's not a Ref as planned! As soon as I saw these I just had to have them. Besides, I already have a Pearl kit that I love and the SMX isn't going anywhere!

So, a few pics now, and then I will take some better ones after the new ride cymbal and snare get in. Still not happy with the boom stand placement...I think I may have to pick up a stand just for the toms that way my left crash won't seem so close!! I have always wanted some DWs and I got a pretty nice deal on these, it was hard to pass up!

Hopefully next week I will have the 22" K Custom Dark ride in as well as my new Ludwig Black Beauty, hand hammered w/tube lugs, 14x6.5....it's going to be sweet!

Official specs:

DW Blue Glass with Satin Hardware

23x16 that's right, 23x16
10x8
12x9
14x12
16x14

And now the pics!
Enjoy!

Attachments

• DW1.JPG
    DW1.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,349
  • DW2.JPG
    DW2.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 1,168
  • DW3.JPG
    DW3.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 1,116
  • DW4.JPG
    DW4.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • DW5.JPG
    DW5.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 2,919
  • DW6.JPG
    DW6.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,681
  • DW7.JPG
    DW7.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,031
I have but two things to say about that kit:

One: It is stunningly beautiful.

Two: Good luck finding heads for that kick!

Thanks. And it came with a spare...I don't break kick drum heads, and when I use the spare I will order another just to be safe! :)

Just gorgeous! Congrats.
Just looking at the DW reso head, I'm wondering why the other manufacturers don't do the holes around the outside like DW. Makes so much sense, and gives a better feel to the pedal i suspect. Maybe it's patented?
Cheers
P

,,,very niiiiiice,

very very nice.

Barry

If you remember my Taye set you know I like Blue Sparkle. Very nice. Why do you have such massive boom stands for your cymbals? The cymbals can't be that heavy.

Just gorgeous! Congrats.
Just looking at the DW reso head, I'm wondering why the other manufacturers don't do the holes around the outside like DW. Makes so much sense, and gives a better feel to the pedal i suspect. Maybe it's patented?
Cheers
P

Don't know, but it sounds pretty good! Thanks!!

,,,very niiiiiice,

very very nice.

Barry

Thank you!!

If you remember my Taye set you know I like Blue Sparkle. Very nice. Why do you have such massive boom stands for your cymbals? The cymbals can't be that heavy.

LOL, no, they are not that heavy...but I got a great deal on them. The angles are a little funky right now, I am still messing with it.

Cool. What made you change your mind and buy a deedub over a reference? It looks impressive. Any recordings with this setup yet? I want to hear the magical sound of a 23" inch bass drum : )

Cool. What made you change your mind and buy a deedub over a reference? It looks impressive. Any recordings with this setup yet? I want to hear the magical sound of a 23" inch bass drum : )

Well, the deal I got on it made it cheaper than a Ref, I didn't have to wait, and I still love my SMX. Plus, I have wanted some dubbs for years now so I went this route! :)

No recordings yet, haven't even had them for 24 hours...but I will be using these in the studio this summer for sure! :D

Thanks for checkin it out!

wow..

those are amazing!!!

i played one of the 23" kicks at GC and i loved it!!! lol

congrats on the beautiful kit!!

Alex

PS - what studio are you going to be in?

Thank you man! I love these drums!

We haven't decided yet. We recorded the last one down at Studio 7, but there are a couple of studios in Norman we want to check out when it comes time. Any suggestions for studios around OKC?

How is the head selection and availability on 23" bass drums ?

Remo. The kit came with a spare but you can order them too. Hopefully, more companies will start making them but as long as Remo does it's not a problem.

Thats an amazing set up - gorgeous finish on those drums! the cymbals are fantastic as well, i bet that all sounds absolutely killer!

Back