I need a bigger car for a bigger kick drum

petey

haha.

I've been wanting to get another 26" kick for fun, I used to have one but sold it way back when, I also had a truck to cart it around at the time but no longer have the truck.

I can't fit a 26" kick in my 2 door Honda haha. oh well

I can't even get a 24x18 into my 4 door Pontiac. I'm looking around at hatch-backs, unfortunately. Maybe a subaru.

I want a truck so bad, and I really need it. But dang they are expensive and suck gas like water. I have Volkswagon Jetta Diesel turbo wagon that is a great car 36 mpg in town and 40 on the road. It is pretty spacious for hauling but I haul lots of yard projects too which are trashing it. I keep waiting for a truck that will get at least 25-28 mpg-I might be waiting forever.

If you're drumming even part-time and need to haul gear, an appropriate vehicle is essential. Never mind what you'd like to drive, get what you need to haul gear.

I've had trucks and now a mini-van, and my sweet old Volvo 142 had the passenger seat removed so I could stand a trap case there. :)

Bermuda

I'm a big fan of hatchbacks. I've had 2 Soobie Imperza's and now have a Mazda 3. The Soobs were both wonderful unfortunately both met and early end due to an idiot driver. Bad luck. I got the Mazda to erase some bad luck maybe but would have got a third Impreza in a minute. Of course it snows a lot in WI and the AWD was tough to give up.

My wife has a Honda fit that she bought because she could put her bike in the back. . I can't believe how much space there is in such a tiny car when you let down the back seats.

After totaling my Corolla, I saw an opportunity to upgrade to a bigger car so I can transport gear more easily. I ended up with a brand new 2014 4Runner for an insane discount and I love it. =]

It is a conspiracy between drum manufacture and auto companies. :) :) I could fit a 22x16 bass drum in a vehicle i have, but not a 22x18. Now i have a SUV too.

SUV's are the way to go. I have no prob fitting my 26" bass drum in my 4Runner.

Of course, you also have to deal with the gas consumption of a 4runner. Not pretty, I know from personal experience.

The CR-V gets 24 mpg in the city and we have gotten upwards of 32 on the highway. I'm not sure how much you plan on lugging around, but it can haul quite a bit of stuff. Not a whole bands worth of gear, but if its just drums that's no problem.

A hatchback / 5 door should do the trick. I could happily fit a 5 piece Yammie ( 22' kick" plus hardware / cymbals etc easily in a Mazda 2 ( not sure if they sell that model in the US but a similar car would suffice)

This is sadly not my car...some mongrel decided to go through a stop sign while I was "on top of him" doing 100 kph...no more Mazda 2

2010_mazda2_genki_hatch_road_test_review_01-4be0b9e89e9dd.jpg

2011-Mazda2-Image-i04.jpg

Consider the 2014 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van.

Attachments

• Ford Transit Connect.jpg
    Ford Transit Connect.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 624
I can get a 24x18 in the back of a 95 BMW m3 coupe. From pass side , put seat as far forward and tilt the seat back as flat as possible. Then put driver's seat on easy entry and voila!!!!
FYI the BMW e36 isn't a big car ..

I can get a 24x18 in the back of a 95 BMW m3 coupe. From pass side , put seat as far forward and tilt the seat back as flat as possible. Then put driver's seat on easy entry and voila!!!!
FYI the BMW e36 isn't a big car ..

I can get my 24x16 in my honda front seat no problem but it's a chore, but I do it. If I got a 26x14 again I think i might do some damage to the car and drum haha

Agreed all, I'd love to get a Tacoma or small truck again.

I want a truck so bad, and I really need it. But dang they are expensive and suck gas like water. I have Volkswagon Jetta Diesel turbo wagon that is a great car 36 mpg in town and 40 on the road. It is pretty spacious for hauling but I haul lots of yard projects too which are trashing it. I keep waiting for a truck that will get at least 25-28 mpg-I might be waiting forever.
I got 24-26mpg in my Lima powered Ranger before even more ethanol was added to gasoline a few years back. I struggle to hit 22mpg now. The guys in the 2001+ Duratec powered Rangers get up to 30mpg. Unfortunately Ford decided to downgrade to a 22mpg F150. The Tacoma gets okay mileage, and you can still get them new, for now. If I got something new, that's probably what I'd go with.

Time to get another truck? I'm convinced I will never own a proper car. My whole life I've owned trucks.
I started liking trucks, did the car thing, and went running back to trucks. I'm just happier with a body-on-frame rear wheel drive, that changes gears when I tell it to.

Back