Q Drum Co.

I never said that. I said they make great shells. Who cares. Your right, its how I perceive it. Your opinion is your opinion, and if you don't agree with me, that is ok. I would rather have a drum made with a keller shell over a Tama or a pearl shell. Thats my opinion, not FACT. The fact that the shells are unfinished, and then finished, drilled edges put on, sanded down and painted are in fact whats called a custom drum, and that is a FACT. I posed correct information as well as well as stating my opinion. I am calling you out on it. I have been playing drums a long time, and have played many different types of drums. Its my preference. My opinion is I would rather play american made drums over Asian drums any day.

Ahhh no.Custom is something made to individual specifications.Custom,is ONE of a kind.What you're getting is a few of thousands of shells they make,for some boutique builders ,hardware hangers and finishers....so that's not really custom.Fact.What I said about custom built shells is true.Gretsch uses Keller shells,but made to Gretschs specs.Fact.You can't buy those shells,unless you buy a Gretsch drum,do you see the difference.Fact.Your drums aren't one of a kind,as I can bet real money that if someone want a kit like your,they can buy one from Qdrums...tomorrow.Fact.

There's also nothing wrong with Asian made drums,as Tama,Pearl and Yamaha took everybody to school in the late 70's.early 80's,and raised the bar in how a set of drums,and hardware ...is suppose to be made.They are one of the biggest reasons, why...American made stuff is as good as it is today

Your drums are off the shelf unfunished shells,un finished raw yes,but still stock off the shelf drum shells,the same as you can buy on Ebay .If for some reason ,you think that Keller custom built your drum shells,then you have deluded yourself.If you're a good wood finisher,you can buy Keller shells from say Precision drums,have them drill and edge them,and you can then hang the hardware,and finish them ....viola'.Keller drum set you can call Frank or Fred is you want.

I get the who raw and sanded,drilled edged and finished thing...nothing new there,and I don't care what you play.,but I stated facts,just use a couple of mouse clicks and see that my info is fact,not opinion.

Yes Keller make good shells,buy they don't make special individual orders,unless you buy them by the truck load,like Gretsch does.Fact.In your OPINION,Keller make the best shells,I don't agree....see that there,that's called an opinion.I think C & C are miles ahead of Keller and so is Eames.You should have listened to a C & C built kit first.

I also don't have to quote you,to know how brilliant I am..That kind of insulting is kind of petulant child stuff no.This isn't youtube.If someone disagrees with you,than make a better argument,and not start hitting below that waist.

Lastly,the ONLY reason I responded to your post is because you're trying to call me out,on something you clearly..misunderstand,and maybe should have done a bit more research on.

Last edited:
Are we talking apples and oranges here. The wooden shelled drums are Keller. The metal shelled drums are made by Q drum. All of this info is in the interview done at the NAMM show where the owner mentions using rivets instead of welds on the metal shells. So if you ordered a metal shelled kit it could indeed be custom and made by Q. If you ordered a wooden kit then it is Maple, Mahogony, Maple made by Keller. The metal shells have wooden bearing edges uses reinforcement rings and the snare beds are hand formed and not rolled. They are also suare cut the full width of the bed. This is what I got from watching the video.

Once again, you are wrong. My drums, which are being made are not keller shells. They are hand made, hand formed copper shells. You come off as quite the know it all yourself. Your opinion is your opinion. Mine is mine. If I wanted crappy asian wood drums, I would go buy a Tama set. Trust me, I know what I am talking about. The metal shell drums that Q makes are all hand made and hand formed. I have played C&C, as well as a few thousand others, and its up to the individual ear. Keller shelled DWs are far superior to DWs own shells. You spouted off your opinion first, and were quite rude about it. I guess that is your nature as an elder. Cheers.

You didn't state that the kit you ordered was metal shells,till after,you spouted off about Keller shells,which are wood...correct?So now you somehow think if you disparage Tama drums that you'll somehow chapp my ass.By that "crappy Asian wood drum remark,you're just showing true ignorance.Nothing is further from the truth.I'm actually a vintage Ludwig/Slingerland guy,but all the good Ludwig names were taken.So I also l also love my 70's vintage Tama Superstars,hence the name.Tell me they're crappy too.....lol.

I do know quite a bit about drums,and I'm also not sensitive about my age.I'm not being rude at all,but you on the other hand are an insulting bore.Typical when you can't make an intellegent argument,and just mearly explain yourself in an adult manner.Instead you just continue to hit below the belt, in a kind of high school cafeteria level argument,like who's the best drummer.LOL .How wonderful that you feel insulted when someone disagrees with you,so you resort to a 9 year olds, tactics of a typical strawman argument.You feel someone was rude.....just because they disagree with you.That's really a joke.Enjoy your metal shelled drums.I loved my Ludwigs SS when I had them.I'm really done with this "conversation",and your fragile ego,so you're on my blocked list,and even if you somehow respond to this,I won't see it.

One final thing,It's often those that think they know,but don't know enough to know....that they don't know,accuse those that do actually know,that they're know it alls.That's just because ,they're just pissed that someone had the tenacity to actually disargee with them,and they are shocked that they didn't have whatever they said,acceped as gospel.Sleep on that :):)

Steve B

Last edited:
Never said they were the best

Yes you did.

What is wrong with Keller shells? They make the best shells, and they are raw unfinished shells.

That's an unequivocal claim.

I think they do. Its an opinion. Most custom companies get their raw shells from keller made to order. Again, its an opinion. Slow your roll.

Absolutely not. You don't get to unequivocally state "they're the best," then, when called on that, deny you ever said it, then, when called on that, hide behind "well, it's just my opinion" before trying to paint those of us who are calling you out as somehow at fault.

Own up, admit you misspoke, and move on.

/hijack

Q drums look fantastic. I'd like to try one someday.

Pretty cool looking kit, I love the patina on it. Copper is very soft though, I wonder how easily these dent.

Well in a about 3 months I will find out. I ordered mine without the patina, brushed copper finish, and with all wood hoops w/copper inlays on the hoops. Ordered a 7x14 Plate brass snare brushed finish with wood hoops as well. Picked up on of their 10 ply maple shells with the re rings in it last week as a secondary snare. Sounds like a beast.

Cant wait to see the pics!!!

Yes you did.

That's an unequivocal claim.

Absolutely not. You don't get to unequivocally state "they're the best," then, when called on that, deny you ever said it, then, when called on that, hide behind "well, it's just my opinion" before trying to paint those of us who are calling you out as somehow at fault.

Own up, admit you misspoke, and move on.

/hijack

Q drums look fantastic. I'd like to try one someday.

Thanks Bob.This guy has a hard time understanding the simple difference between opinion and fact,and believes his opinions....are facts.When called ot it ,he does fall back on the it's my opinion nonsense,without equivocating that in the first place.

He then decides, that my forum name means that I'm a Tama fan boy and now he can say Tama drums and Asian drums are crappy.Simon Phillips,Steve Gadd and Mike Mangini (Tama,Yamaha and Pearl endorsers) would disagree,as most here on this forum would.

Qdrums guy,your not going to make many friends here making statements like those,I don't care how long you've been playing.You also don't get to call my post a rant since you're the one foaming at the mouth.,Again....you're the one who first disagreed with a forum member here with your unequivocal claim,with zero evidence to back it up,and then claim ...it's my opinion.You need to learn how to interact with the adults,that are here.....this isn't youtube Q.And just maybe,you didn't know how to tune those Artstars,which is why they didn't sound so good,and just got lucky with those Keller D Dubs.

Steve B

I don't like the sound of solid shell drums. I love ply drums. My opinion again.
Did I miss something - when did solid shell drums factor into this thread? Confused.

Anyhow, congratulations on the copper shell drums. Extremely short voiced drums, & sound great as an alternative voice choice, but absolutely nothing like ply drums. Again, I'm confused.

In my opinion they are the best wood drum shells. Hope that is ok to say that. Make sure you get a Notary to stamp this so we all know what I said. lol

Say whatever you want.A notary isn't necessary,as everyone can clearly see,the content,and meaning of your posts.That's what the little quote button does,that you like to use also...right?To say one thing,and then clearly..... back pedal,as you did in some of your first posts,speaks for itself.You got called out,and you then fell backwards on the "my opinion" thing,when you at first,said something as though it was a fact.

In your opinion,custom means getting pre made shells made by one company,....bought by another company,have some guy at that company,... edge,drill,mount an finish.....someone elses shells is custom? That's hystrical...loll .

Now ,before you go ballistic again,I realize your METAL drum shells ,are in fact being made for you by Q,then they are custom,and not by your deffinition .BTW,nice Slingerland reproduction beaver tail lugs there.

And just who was talking about steam bent solid shells anyway??????

Steve B

Very exciting! Nothing better than the feeling of new drums arriving :)

I'm looking forward to trying these drums out at LDS in two weeks time too :)

Update - being built as I speak. Should have them some time next week I think. The finish that he is doing on them has yet to be done on one of his sets, so it should be pretty cool!

Back