Why did Wy get banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Just noticed this. I missed what happened. Anybody know?

He contacted me and it was self imposed and I will respect his wishes and leave it at that. Thank you for understanding.

That's kind of odd. Why burn the bridge when he could have just not participated? I think it had something to do with the open handed thread.

He called me a real musician.

:)

This is a shame. Another highly skilled member who has much to contribute has gone (albeit self elected apparently). I know Wy has had serious health challenges recently, & I wish him well. Unfortunately, his contacts are removed, so I can't express that to him by PM :(

That's kind of odd. Why burn the bridge when he could have just not participated? I think it had something to do with the open handed thread.

Maybe. His last post just said "Screw it. My opinion is worthless.". Apparently, he wrote something, erased it all and then left those six words. When I read it, my immediate reaction was "This puppy sounds depressed". I hope it's nothing.

Maybe. His last post just said "Screw it. My opinion is worthless.". Apparently, he wrote something, erased it all and then left those six words. When I read it, my immediate reaction was "This puppy sounds depressed". I hope it's nothing.

I know what you mean. Every once in a while, one of his comments would make me think that too.

I hope you I was reading too much into them too.

Either way, if you're reading this, take care Wy.

I would just wish him the best,and would welcome him back,with the caviat that...no,your opinions are not...worthless ,and quite the opposite is true.May the road rise my friend.

Steve B

I'm surprised he didn't get banned years ago.

He derailed many good threads that ended up getting deleted because he struggled to be civil.

Yes, he could very insightful and helpful at times, other times he was closer to Ginger Baker behavior.

AAAHHH,grasshopper will ask master Kan this evening after nightly flash back.:):)

I don't think many here will get the reference :)

Steve B

Maybe. His last post just said "Screw it. My opinion is worthless.".

Unless you're a lurker, I think one of the starting points for being on a message board is to at least think or believe the opposite. That is, that despite all the words ignored, that a few of your words will matter, or make a difference, to somebody, somewhere reading them. I mean c'mon, why else tell somebody for the 100th time to buy cymbals using *their* ears.
Unfortunate, Wy contributed plenty but I guess no longer felt this way.

That's different. It's like leaving a dinner party and asking the host to tell everyone that you were thrown out. All a bit silly, but we're all musos and used to odd behaviour :)

Wy and I have butted heads in the past, but I liked having him on the forum when he was calm. I always took his knowledge on board both in the lessons and forum comments, and it's helped my playing, especially the push-pull, flam tap and comments on my band and my approach.

Before closing this I will say, that all of this conjecture is both silly and unfair. Some people like this forum so much that staying away is difficult. Like keeping me away from food. For whatever reasons, in order to stay away from the forum the easiest way is to have your access blocked. He asked me to block his access, ban him, and this is what I have done. Please save the gossip for Facebook. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back