Studio set up

Drumsword

Pioneer Member
Recorded over the weekend, (2 more bed tracks left) Anyway I assembled this cymbal set up over the past few months pretty much for studio work and it sounds like a dream :)

THE RECORDING IS AT POST #16

Left to right:
18" Hammerax Indigo Ultra dark crash (Sounds very gongy) Or 20" Indigo dark Crash. Also may substitute a variety of splashes here.

14" K custom Dark hats
17" K dark thin crash
18" K custom dark medium crash
22" Z Power ride, I have tried 6 or 7 different rides and this one sounds the best by a long shot in the studio for rock music.

4.5X14 Brady, Marri snare

Pearl BLX drums (Studio set). Unless I am going to be in there for extended periods, then I use my Gretsch.

Last edited:
Thats a great looking setup, very clean! How do you like the hammerax? I've heard of them, but have never heard any. I'm just asking in relation to your other cymbals.

Sweet, looks very comfy. I don't think anyone can bash on you for using a Z custom ride since you went through several rides and liked this one best. Do you have any drum tracks that we could hear?

i love the kit, simple and classy, with the Brady adding a little character, nice!
can i ask which Aquarians you're using - the performance 2's?
great set up, hope the recording was a success!

There is nothing I like more then a room with cords strung about everywhere. That is not sarcastic either. I love recording!

Me too! I get a very "relaxed" feeling in that environment, like when you go to a friend's house while they're folding laundry, and they have piles all over the couch, the chair, the table, etc...very casual. When I'm in a studio that bundles the cords all together close to the kit and runs them to the board in a bunch, it makes me a little uneasy. Maybe it's the dis-ease of somebody else's tidyness obsession...

Thanks, and yes the recording came out really well. finishing my tracks tomorrow night. We covered 2 songs saturday, 1 by Larry Norman from the 70's and a phil Keagy cover as well. Drums recorded great.

I believe the Aquarians are perf 2's yes. they are the studio techs and are fairly warn.

I have sound files but they won't upload for some reason to putfile.... will try again later.

The studio is attached to his home but is a seperate building where he does Recording and photography.

I believe the Aquarians are perf 2's yes.

The studio is attached to his home but is a seperate building where he does Recording and photography.

warm, eh? thats the sound i'm looking for, mine are somewhere in the mail right now - and very nice that the he has his own studio!

Last edited:
Ok, I have sounbytes but unable to upload to putfile, or drummerworld........... anyone able to help?
There are dozens of audio hosters, why don't you try for instance boommp3? http://boomp3.com/

I think that one is decent, at least i've been able to both upload and listen to files.

AGAIN, He comes through............. Thanks man.

Here is a very rough, completely unedited studio mix. Vocals are just a scratch track so Parker could give instructions as to the layout of the song as it was changed 3 times in the last hour , lol

Thanks again Michael

Attachments

• Rock me a Little MP3.mp3
    6.5 MB · Views: 198
Rockin, man! GJ on the chops, can't wait to hear it mixed and mastered.

That was really good. I feel like you really drove this song forward well if ya know what i mean? Really nailed every fill perfect to the music also. I also like the little section where you were playing offbeat open hihats, I don't know why but that really stuck in my head.

For some reason though, I can't see the pics, I can't on like half the pictures posted here now, I don't know why.

I'll try reloading them. Now I can't see them either.

And thank you for the kind words, greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 463
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 459
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 453
Back