New to the forum :) my Exports

Patonk1

Well hello there! I'm new to the forum as mentioned in the title, I'm a 17 year old drummer from Finland and I'm currently playing in a band called Veracious Mind, check it out @ www.veraciousmind.com (Alternative Rock). As an independent drummer I try to be as versatile as possible, therefore whenever I have a little time on my hands I head out to our training space and play funk, soul, heavymetal, rock, blues, d'n'b, jazz etc etc :D

Anyway, here's my kit!

73721050as5.jpg

SPECS

Drums

Pearl Export 805 #31 Jet Black, Black Hardware

- Toms 10"x8", 12"x9" ja 14"x14" - Remo Emperor Clear / Remo Ambassador Clear
- Snare 14"x5½" - Remo Emperor Coated / Remo Diplomat snareside (Great combo!)
- Bassdrum 20"x16" - Remo Powerstroke 3 / Pearl Protone

53766783ym6.jpg

Cymbals

Sabian

- 14" AA Regular Hi-Hats
- 17" AAX Studio Crash
- 18" AAX Studio Crash

Paiste

- 20" 2oo2 Medium Ride

Effects (Someday Sabian aswell)

- 10" Alchemy Professional Splash
- 18" Wuhan China

Hardware

Pearl

- Snare stand: S-800W
- Hi-Hat stand: H-820W
- Cymbal stand: C-800W
- Cymbal (boom) stand: BC-800W x3
- P-120P Single w/ IC's wooden beater

Mapex

- T550 (?) Doublebraced stool

Yamaha

- CH-745 Cymbal arm
- CSAT-924 Clamp

Other

- Pearl tambourine w/ holder
- Pro-mark 5B american hickory sticks
- HQ doublesided 14" & Pearl BD-10 pads for practicing @ home
- Random 22" leather cymbalcase

Pictures:

92718527hc3.jpg

76516155rj3.jpg

51147735yc4.jpg

74244818nf1.jpg

18857715cv3.jpg

It's a humble Export yes but I'm currently saving for some Sonors, what comes to cymbals I'll definitely stick with Sabian :D

So, nice to meet you!

Nothing wrong with an export! and I like the sound of those sonors. good luck! and welcome. I'm 17 too! Hows the weather in Finland?

Nothing wrong with an export! and I like the sound of those sonors. good luck! and welcome. I'm 17 too! Hows the weather in Finland?

Well thank you :) It's wintertime here and it's so daaamn cold :D Probably not the most ideal weather for a heataholic like me.

haha! its 32 C in Sydney - HOT! wish i was in finland!
what sonors are you thinking about?

Really great sound you got out of these Exports, I am listening to your Myspace right now, and I think it sounds very decent for guys your age.

what sonors are you thinking about?

I'm going to save up a whole bunch of money and therefore get a quality kit right after these Ex's, I think we're talking about Delites or evens SQ2s ;)

Really great sound you got out of these Exports, I am listening to your Myspace right now, and I think it sounds very decent for guys your age.

And a huge thanks to you once again :D

Welcome to the forum...I will check out your tunes when I get home...I like you kit...thanks for sharing!

JIM

Export kits are very good beginner/intermediate kits i think. Nothing wrong with them at all especially if they're tuned well. Sounds pretty good in the ol' recordings too. I like the songs, very good that the singer actually sings in his own accent instead of pretending to be american.

welcome aboard! Exports rule, the best selling kit in history if i'm not mistaken.

Nice simple and easy to use set up there, the only thing that struck me were the flat toms, I'm pretty sure I'd be struggling not to hit the rims if I were behind your kit. I guess it's all about preference.

Oh and I'm also currently enjoying your myspace songs, you managed to get a nice sound out of the kit, I would say the snare sounds the weakest in the mix but overall, kit and rest of band, there's a great sound.

Ah, some PDFers here aswel :)

And thanks everyone!

Nice simple and easy to use set up there, the only thing that struck me were the flat toms, I'm pretty sure I'd be struggling not to hit the rims if I were behind your kit. I guess it's all about preference.

Yea I always get that :D Drums are ment to be hit from up to down, not from side to side :D
I find this setup to be the most comfiest for me, I can get a nice power to the strokes w/ those tom angles. Thanks.

Back