New SQ2!!!

Agd8

Finally, after a long long wait...

It's all maple shells with thin rack toms, medium floor toms and a heavy bass drum.

Enjoy the pics :)

Attachments

• 82.JPG
    82.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,860
  • 85.JPG
    85.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 3,235
  • 86.JPG
    86.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 2,194
  • 87.JPG
    87.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 2,057
  • 89.JPG
    89.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,708
  • 91.JPG
    91.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,083
  • 93.JPG
    93.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,726

The finish is called "dark satin" which is just a fancy way of saying matte black, It's gorgeous in person.

Rack toms (thin shell):
8X7
10X8
12X9

Floor toms (medium shell):
14X13
16X15

Bass drum (heavy shell):
22X18

Satin black is cool but with all of the great wood grain finishes Sonor has I was expecting to see one of those. Nice to have new gear.

Brand, configuration... yummy! Colour... not my taste - but this is so typical with custom options. (I agree with Gruntersdad - transparent would be the way to go for me.) But the person who has to like it is... YOU ;-)

Gavin Harrison shells... that was my thought also.

Hey, I forgot... Congrats! SQ2 is at the top of what you can get out there!!
[Not counting GURU drums, haha.]

Holy crap, that's a gorgeous kit!! Congrats! More pics please!!

How long was the wait?

-Jonathan

Beautiful kit, nice color! Gavin Harrison fan :)?

Thank you, how can anyone NOT like Gavin???

Satin black is cool but with all of the great wood grain finishes Sonor has I was expecting to see one of those. Nice to have new gear.

Than it's nice to be unexpected :)

Brand, configuration... yummy! Colour... not my taste - but this is so typical with custom options. (I agree with Gruntersdad - transparent would be the way to go for me.) But the person who has to like it is... YOU ;-)

Gavin Harrison shells... that was my thought also.

Hey, I forgot... Congrats! SQ2 is at the top of what you can get out there!!
[Not counting GURU drums, haha.]

Thanks man, personally I think it looks amazing (the pictures does not do it justice...).
Besides, I was never a big fan of Sonor's veneer finishes. The only veneer I really liked is the new ebony white stripes they did for the pro-lite series (my kit was already being built when they introduced it, and still I think mine looks better) and the american walnut is also a nice one, but It's too inconsistent for my taste.

Holy crap, that's a gorgeous kit!! Congrats! More pics please!!

How long was the wait?

-Jonathan

Why thank you :) more pics will follow as soon as I find the time to do it.
The wait was about 5 months, 5 long months...

Last edited:
Two friends of mine were just at the Sonor plant a week ago and were explaining to me how meticulous their German made drums and other percussion instruments really are. They spent three days in Germany and didn't want to return home, lol. The SQ2 drums are very nice, but personally I would have also picked a different finish if I were going to lay that much money out. Evidently you must really love the finish that you bought or you wouldn't have bought them, so I'm very happy for you. "To each his own" applies here as well as many other opinions when we are talking about drum finishes. I really do like their "keyed" tension rods on the SQ2 series.

Have fun with them,
Dennis

I love it! The finish is cool, there's something dark and mysterious 'bout it...but you better get you a new rack. Those from Pearl are so hideous! Go get a HEXRACK to match that piece of German engineering art you've got!

Back