Aussie drummers - second hand Catalina Maple price?

gusty

Platinum Member
To the Australian drummers out there - how much do you think a 2-4 year old second hand New Catalina Maple 6 piece would go for second hand here? What do they retail for?

They retail for around the A$1700 mark, give or take.

Around half the new price is a reasonable guide for second hand gear, but of course many factors will determine fair value....shell pack or kit and hardware, condition, how badly he needs to sell them etc etc.

I'm thinking this kit may be an option as an 'in-between' kit before I can afford a Renown or similar. At the moment I've got a Mapex UB starter kit which I've had for 7 or 8 years. I've got two more years left of my music course at uni, so maybe the Catalina Maple will get me through til I finish. Realisticlly, with rent and other expenses, I don't think I'd be able to afford a renown for another 2-3 years.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150720957973?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
That's a display kit from the states which I can get for about $1150. If I sold for $850/900 after 2 or 3 years, that's not too bad a loss at all.

Anyway, that's my little story. Thanks for helping out! :)

Back