Remote hat purchase - need info

Trexkit

Does anyone have any experience with the Remote Speedy Hat or any of Louis Rushton's models? Bill Bachman's site indicates that Speedy is not a viable option at the moment and Louis has been quick to respond to my inquiries. So I'd like a little background on how either of them perform, where a Speedy can be purchased (if at all) and a solution on getting a Louis Rushton model from Oregon to my home in Montreal, Canada without paying through the nose for shipping, custom and duties.

Bill Bachman's hi-hat - I think they're setting up manufacturing somewhere else so it'll be some time before they're up and running. It's a great concept though. I haven't heard of the other one. I would wait for Bill's to be ready.

Bo - Thanks for that but can I ask how you know? Bill's own website indicates that he's doing other things like teaching and raising a family and when I wrote to their site, I got no reply.

Bo - Thanks for that but can I ask how you know? Bill's own website indicates that he's doing other things like teaching and raising a family and when I wrote to their site, I got no reply.

I sent him a PM a few months back (he's on this forum) and that was his reply then. Maybe his circumstances have changed?

Tommy - I checked out Jared's vid review and he was impressed. He had so much good to say and only one negative comment (improvement?) at the end. I wish they were stocked somewhere.

Bo - A few months ago is encouraging. I'll look for him on here and send him something, maybe he can direct me.

Bo - I sent Bill a PM and got a notification that his quota for stored messages has been exceeded. Doesn't sound too hopeful...dang!

If you want to move your hi hat to the 12 o'clock position, you might want to consider one of these. DW9550.

I have one and I love it. Very smooth operation. Kind of expensive at $399.00 new.
I waited and waited and finally found a slightly used one on EBay for $200.00.

DW_hihat9550.jpg

Bo - I sent Bill a PM and got a notification that his quota for stored messages has been exceeded. Doesn't sound too hopeful...dang!

I guess he's a popular guy ;) Hopefully you'll get an answer soon!

But why not consider the DW one? Or even a cable hat? I have the Pearl RH2000 and it works. It felt much better than I thought it would before I got it.

So after much deliberation I made the trip to a renowned music store in Montreal and went to check different brands in person. I was the only one in there and asked the manager and 2 guys behind the counter what they thought and I got a unanimous "Trick!". There was a floor model and was impressed enough to make the purchase. I have to say I liked the idea of the DW solid piece but found it somewhat limiting in it's placement. I'm still doing basement renos so my kit hasn't been set up yet. BTW, picked up a DW incremental x-hat clutch/arm while I was there because I felt like I had too much money in my pocket. So while I've got your attention, do any of you care to give me your opinions on Zildjian Quick Beat hi hats? I saw some second hand ones for $180 CDN. I'm going to check them out tomorrow and barring keyholes and abuse, it sounds like a great deal. Agreed?

Back