Mapex BP Blade

keepitgreen

I've been looking around for a new steel snare for a while now, and I finally found one that stopped me dead in my tracks last week. After banging on it at the store on Friday, I quickly realized it also had the exact sound I was looking for. So last night it came home with me after work...

Mapex Black Panther Blade: 14" x 5.5", 1mm steel, 45° bearing edge, and sexy brushed black cast lugs. This picture does not do justice to just how BLACK yet mirrored the drum looks. And the sound is dynamite, even with the stock Remo heads. I've been playing with wooden snares for so long now that I had forgotten just how loud a steel snare is. And that ring! Just a symphony to my ears.

As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about it, even if it is a "lower end" snare. I can tell already it's gonna be a workhorse for me.

Attachments

• 969657_10151399264421082_1258791916_n.jpg
    969657_10151399264421082_1258791916_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 425
Are Black Panthers really considered lower end? I always liked the array of snares Mapex offered in that line. Gorgeous snare!

Are Black Panthers really considered lower end? I always liked the array of snares Mapex offered in that line. Gorgeous snare!

Well, maybe not lower end in quality, but at around $250 USD, when compared to a Ludwig or Tama, it's definitely lower in price!

I played on it for about an hour today and just can't get enough. I don't know why I waited this long to get a steel snare.

Back