My updated Yamaha/Sonor Carter Beauford replica!

aparker2005

Yes, I'm a huge, devout DMB and Carter Beauford fan. I started keeping up with his kit when I first started playing. I kept changing stuff to the way he did and now it's just natural. His kit changes so often, that it's fun to keep up and change stuff occasionally like he does and try new things. I keep in touch with his drum tech and he's a really awesome and knowledgeable guy.

Anyway, some of you saw me asking about a Sonor Force 3007 kick. I hadn't had too much luck with birch kicks with Pearl, and even my new Yamaha. So, I found a good deal at Dale's Drum Shop and went with this one. Haven't had any time to put a hole in the front head or mess with too much tuning, but so far, it's deeper and louder than the birch kicks I've used. May just be heads though. I came from using a SK2 to a Powerstroke Pro on this kick. I may still need to add a small towel for a little muffling, but we'll see. The bass spurs as people said before, are very practical. Still getting used to the curved look, but I couldn't be happier with it.

Our church music team is really good and they let us play pretty freely. I have the kit set up there because there's no room at my house for it, and I play at my church 3-4 times per week. Most of the kit is used, except maybe the timbale very much. On to pics. I realize this kit may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love it.

Attachments

• sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 597
  • sb3.jpg
    sb3.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 628
  • sb4.jpg
    sb4.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 1,058
  • sb5.jpg
    sb5.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 608
  • sb7.jpg
    sb7.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 890
  • sb8.jpg
    sb8.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 2,845
Holy cow that's a nice kit!
And it comes fully equipped with wind chimes. That's a deal maker right there.

Back