Drum Room Remodel

Nice church man. I'm liking the non parallel walls. Clean and tidy too. Almost too clean, it could use some various and sundry gear lying around to complete the look. I wish you much drumming progress and many happy returns.

Looks great, thanks for sharing !

Nice ride as well ... both :D !!

loooking sweet! like the sign man!

Thanks, my sister came up with that, she gets major props from me!

Nice church man. I'm liking the non parallel walls. Clean and tidy too. Almost too clean, it could use some various and sundry gear lying around to complete the look. I wish you much drumming progress and many happy returns.

Thanks Larry, I put in a storage shelf for the excess gear...it never was tidy before!

Looks great, thanks for sharing !

Nice ride as well ... both :D !!

Thank you!

Man, I'm mad at you. Seriously. Now I have to go and finish my basement posthaste.

LOL, Xero...this took months, and much frustration not being able to use the room. Can't tell you how happy I am to be able to get back in the shed.

Just curious if you did "room in a room" or are the walls "connected" to the existing structure? Doing the same thing now in my garage, but room in a room. Will be a smaller space but hoping the air space will compensate for some of the layers of drywall, etc.

Marvelous. Take out that fancy light fixture and put in a disco ball.

Marvelous. Take out that fancy light fixture and put in a disco ball.

One of my old bands used to rent a rehearsal studio in SE London. A lovely, big room with all the fittings - it was great. The best thing was the discovery of the motorised disco ball on the ceiling. Many hours of fun were had with that - we just turned off the lights and played. It was excellent.

Lovely work, Steve but I second the Mayor. Disco ball! Post-haste!

Disco ball! why didn't think of that? Love it. Honestly, the light fixture will need to be replaced....just not quite enough light and the fixture isn't rated for higher wattage bulbs. I won't be able to do any study with the disco ball going but it sure would be fun.

shambo- I did this over the existing sheetrock. I didn't want to loose any more space and near silence outside of the room wasn't my goal. This did work well enough that my wife can watch tv in a room 20' away and not be disturbed while I'm bashing away.

Back