Found some 2003 recordings!

M

Matt Bo Eder

I found this disc of stuff I did for an audition (this was before the internet for me - so I guess this is my first attempt at a drum cover, as there are no drums on the original recordings), so I wanted to share them here. Let me know what you think.

The friend who helped me out used one of those ancient Yamaha AW16G all-in-one recorders that had its own built-in CD burner, and all the mic connections were 1/4" plugs! And come to think of it, this is the only recording I made with my zebra-finished DW kit which was new at the time (18x22, 9x13, 16x16, and matching 5x14 snare).

Let me know what you think. The music is by the California Guitar Trio.

Attachments

• Aggressive.mp3
    6 MB · Views: 84
  • Sensitive.mp3
    7.9 MB · Views: 48
Good stuff!

"Aggressive" - Sure, that early 90's recorder "wooly" drum sound, but nice playing, & a good sprinkling of triplet stadium fills for rock satisfaction. Ride cymbal was too "twee" for my taste in a rock track. I was craving some "clang" & a bit of linear bell action to really drive the rock vibe.

"Sensitive" - Elevator music done well. Tom sounds & the odd fill were a bit "clunky" given the music form, but still damn good stuff :) Ride worked nicely on this track.

Considering the era & the gear, this is great!!!

Good stuff!

"Aggressive" - Sure, that early 90's recorder "wooly" drum sound, but nice playing, & a good sprinkling of triplet stadium fills for rock satisfaction. Ride cymbal was too "twee" for my taste in a rock track. I was craving some "clang" & a bit of linear bell action to really drive the rock vibe.

"Sensitive" - Elevator music done well. Tom sounds & the odd fill were a bit "clunky" given the music form, but still damn good stuff :) Ride worked nicely on this track.

Considering the era & the gear, this is great!!!

Thanks Andy for listening and replying!

I too listen to it and wish I had made better choices back then about what to play, but it's a totally different vibe when your buddy has the room he's in for a few hours and half of that time is taken in setting everything up, and you have to clear everything out when you're done. Looking back on it, it was a bit stressful and you're not really thinking about what you're playing. However, that's no excuse. Lesson learned - I now do it at home where I have time to futz around (and have been doing that since I've gotten here ;)

The files are fine. Anon - it has to be something on your machine.

Back