Drum Set Refinishing Project

JENGLISH817

Hey guys just wanted to show yall what I'm working on with my kit. Its a 2003 Tama Rockstar with the plain old Vintage Red wrap. I love my rockstar but I got really tired of that cheap looking wrap. So slowly but surely I'm removing the wrap and repainting the kit. Due to my very empty wallet this will take some time but I will provide pictures as they come. I have the high tom done already. So here is a pic of the kit in its original finish and then a pic of the new Satin Purple.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    420.7 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    367.1 KB · Views: 686
Thanks for the complements guys. I can't wait to get the whole thing done myself! Its actually not even a stain, its just spray paint. I just sprayed one coat of primer, two coats of paint, and a coat of clear. The pictures don't do justice. As far as the pitch blacks go, the 22 inch ride and 15 inch hi hats are actually not that bad. They don't have as much definition as I'd like but they serve their purpose. The crashes, china, and splash are absolutely terrible.

Itll be awhile because of time and money but I will get pictures of the whole kit up as soon as they come in.

Back