Progressive Track

It's very rare that I listen to something & fail to come to a conclusion. I don't know how to respond. I don't like the music, yet somehow I'm intrigued. Fascinating - please carry on doing stuff :)

Interesting stuff. The background is a guitar providing the rhythmic foundation, and the bass is going diddla-diddla up and down the scale? Nice way to turn things on their head... like a photo negative of the Percy Faith Orchestra.

Thanks for the inputs. It's not intended as a single piece of music in itself, the funny thing is I started recording with that bass solo, just a lot of fun really. After that came the guitars, but it wasn't till I added the drums that I had any idea of how the whole thing would turn out. It isn't picture perfect, but it's all pretty much one shot-one take recordings of each instrument. EDIT: Errr... scratch that, everything but the drums. One cut.

I really like it as an idea for how things can be done differently from the perspective of my band, a three-piece. Guitars and bass aren't double tracked and I did no adjustment of EQ after I got the tones through my Kemper.

Drums were recorded from an Alesis DM10 with Zildjian Gen 16 cymbals. Real budget stuff, but I think the results were passable.

Last edited:
Back