S

Stickit

Slingerland drums....
13, 16, 22....
dscf2032n.jpg

12, 16, 20....
dscf6151m.jpg

Last edited:
There is another member on the forum who has recently posted pictures of his slingerland drum's in blue agate, funny you have both posted so closly together. They are great looking drums, what year is the other kit just out of curiousity?

There is another member on the forum who has recently posted pictures of his slingerland drum's in blue agate, funny you have both posted so closly together. They are great looking drums, what year is the other kit just out of curiousity?

They're one in the same.

He gets banned every so often when he gets heated in arguments and makes a new account. Gotta be like the 10th time.

You gotta avoid those political topics man!

Just about everything except the 18"floor tom. If I ever get another job, I'll land one someday.

Attachments

• slingkitrvreszd.jpg
    slingkitrvreszd.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 3,393
They're one in the same.

He gets banned every so often when he gets heated in arguments and makes a new account. Gotta be like the 10th time.

You gotta avoid those political topics man!

I don't know what you're talking about brother, I only just joined yesterday, must have me confused with someone else. It is possible for more than one person to own a Slingerland kit in blue agate or onyx.

Here are mine. Before and after pics. Slingerland Avanti series. 3 ply. Mahogany - Poplar - Maple, maple support rings. 1971

The old Slingerland tom mounts were beyond repair so I had Yamaha YESS mounts installed.

Attachments

• slingerlandold1.jpg
    slingerlandold1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 3,009
  • slingerlandold2.jpg
    slingerlandold2.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 2,705
  • Slingerland1%20002.JPG
    Slingerland1%20002.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 2,656
  • Slingerland1%20004.JPG
    Slingerland1%20004.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,728
Stickit---man, those chrome Slings are sweet. Just noticed the two cymbal arm holders on the bass drum. Did you rewrap that? Looks like new chrome. I have pulled "chrome" off of several drums that I added to my big kit and they were actually metal of some sort and they always rusted/pitted pretty badly. Same with the "brass" wrapped kits. Anyways,,,great looking old kit. I now have my huge kit in it's most base form...two basses, one middle tom and two "floors". Great rock setup.

What would you think og this baby? 20" 12" 14" $1495....worth it if i got new heads?? the description is 61/66 slingerland, it also says that One hoop has no inlay, and the other hoop has only half an inlay and might need a tune up....what does that mean?? anyone

Attachments

• sli201214pc105.jpg
    sli201214pc105.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,543
  • sli201214pc103.jpg
    sli201214pc103.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,581
  • sli201214pc102.jpg
    sli201214pc102.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,518
  • sli812pc016.jpg
    sli812pc016.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,541
That looks like it's from the Drum Farm, as far as I'm concerned he's way over priced.
I wouldn't pay $1,400, not because they are not good drums, but if you ever try to re-sell it you'd probably lose money. Slingerland doesn't sell as well as other vintage American drums.

That looks like it's from the Drum Farm, as far as I'm concerned he's way over priced.
I wouldn't pay $1,400, not because they are not good drums, but if you ever try to re-sell it you'd probably lose money. Slingerland doesn't sell as well as other vintage American drums.

yeah, its from drum farm. It seemed like a lot seeing as though there needs to be probably 8 new heads bought aswell! And shipping will probably be a bitch, and i really don't have that much to spend on a 3 piece...but it does look like a nice kit

yeah, its from drum farm. It seemed like a lot seeing as though there needs to be probably 8 new heads bought aswell! And shipping will probably be a bitch, and i really don't have that much to spend on a 3 piece...but it does look like a nice
kit

Yeanh i mean you'd think that if it's worth so much money the seller would at least be bothered to stick a new set of heads on there!

No, I did not wrap these myself. I had a guy out here south of Boston do it. P-Tech Percussion. He did a great job. Had to do all bearing edges over and re-glue some plys. Not to mention clean up the old chrome.

Nice Slingerland pics. Here's one of my kit from a session I did last night.

Attachments

• Slingy021.JPG
    Slingy021.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 6,588
Nice Slingerland pics. Here's one of my kit from a session I did last night.

What a kikass Drum Co. they were, and with the COOLEST hoops probably anywhere ! They could come back EASY, if they have the right dudes running the show.

What a kikass Drum Co. they were, and with the COOLEST hoops probably anywhere ! They could come back EASY, if they have the right dudes running the show.

Their 3-ply shells were really wonderful. I agree with you on the hoops. The brass does lend itself to a slightly softer feel and the cross stick sound they give is the best.

Their 3-ply shells were really wonderful. I agree with you on the hoops. The brass does lend itself to a slightly softer feel and the cross stick sound they give is the best.

Are those stick saver's brass ? Very cool if so ! I was more referring to the design but that is double cool !

Back