Youtube Demo of my SQ2s

Overall, it's a good sound. I especially like the three top toms. You can certainly hear the difference with thin shells. I like that. I thought the kick sounded a bit weird. I'm assuming it's the mic placement that's to blame. I can hear the depth in the drum but it sounds a bit choked and there's a "rush" sound in there as well. I'm thinking it may be air pushing past the mic that's positioned almost within the hole in the reso. Great looking kit & super quality of course.

Overall, it's a good sound. I especially like the three top toms. You can certainly hear the difference with thin shells. I like that. I thought the kick sounded a bit weird. I'm assuming it's the mic placement that's to blame. I can hear the depth in the drum but it sounds a bit choked and there's a "rush" sound in there as well. I'm thinking it may be air pushing past the mic that's positioned almost within the hole in the reso. Great looking kit & super quality of course.

Thanks. I am new to recording, and there is a LOT to learn. The Kick sounds very nice in person, much more attack.

Back