Dream Contact 24" Small Bell Flat Ride Cymbal (Video)

SgtThump

Platinum Member
Picked this up today brand new for an unbelievable price of $139.99 from Fred Pierce's Drum Shop her in St Louis. Why was it so cheap? I have no idea! That place has ridiculous prices sometimes. Almost always below Internet prices, but sometimes just CRAZY low.

These sell for $290 or so new at other dealers. Wow... This is probably the funnest ride I've ever played or owned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKzN2lFNuwo

Why is it called a flat ride if it has a bell ?

Anyways, it sound good.

They actually call it a "small bell flat ride", which I guess doesn't make sense at all? LOL

Not sure, but it's a killer addition to my collection!

Maybe Flat refers to the profile of the cymbal? most bow out towards the edge (might not be the correct terminology)

I had the chance to play one of these in a local store near me and you can feel the wash this thing produces. It has a unique denseness to it for sure!

Im jealous!

-Jonathan

...I had the chance to play one of these in a local store near me and you can feel the wash this thing produces...

Yes!!!! It won't come across in the video and it's possible you only feel that from the drivers seat, but the thing roars like a freight train when you dig into it!

CHris

Back