Mapex M Series + Mike Portnoy 12x5

mapexzil

the m series is discontinued. I got it in '02. aquarian response 2 heads, and my new mike portnoy snare, stock with ambassador. I'm working on the roto tom

P7150012.jpg

P7150014.jpg

Re: Mapex M Seires + Mike Portnoy 12x5

this is kinda lame, but I'm trying to emulate portnoy's siamese monster set up. I was in china for a month and I listened to train of thought soooo many times that I one, bought the snare off musiciansfriend there and two, wanted to have my set look like the right side of his
siamesemonster5ss.jpg

I am by no means good at tuning, and have no idea how to tune the two heads relative to each other, but I've gotten a decent sound out of it. I'm gonna have my studio engineer friend do his magic to get it sounding like train of thought.

here's a clip of me playing it. the camera doesn't really do it justice but w.e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP4MF39Nn5Q

I was in beijing for a month on this program where you live with a host family and learn chinese and do activities. it was really fun, but it really grew my appreciation for america

Where were you in China? I just got back from a three week trip to Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Xi'an, Shanghai, and Beijing. It's a beautiful place.
Shenzen's amazing, isn't it? I've been there several times on business. Ditto Hong Kong and Beijing. The newness, the fact that a million people have been moved into Shenzen over the last dozen or so years, just fascinates me.

Looks good! I have the same kit in transparent purple and just put on the Remo pinstripes, the old M's are a great sound.

Attachments

• 100_1105.jpg
    100_1105.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2,788

Shenzen's amazing, isn't it? I've been there several times on business. Ditto Hong Kong and Beijing. The newness, the fact that a million people have been moved into Shenzen over the last dozen or so years, just fascinates me.

It's a beautiful city, as are the other major metropolitan areas of China. I would have to say I enjoyed Beijing the most, however. It just has everything that you could want to see in China.

Looks good! I have the same kit in transparent purple and just put on the Remo pinstripes, the old M's are a great sound.

I agree. love the look of that purple. I'm glad I got mine before they changed their logo, i like the old one better. they're maple shells right? there's a thread i read somewhere here discussing the shells I can't remember exactly though

Yeah, I totally agree Mapex should have kept the older labels, they are the Maple before the M's became birch.

Back