1 up, 3 down?

I have 1 up with 3 ft's. I love it.
I put either a 15 or a 16 on the left (16-18 right side). I use the left drum a lot.

I did 2 on each side as well (Left 14-16, Right 16-18 alternating hands). It was pretty cool, but I didn't like hauling it all.

jwkit2.jpg

Might aswell call that "full" up, or "full down" ...

Is that stool put in a drum? And is that snare about as high as the "up" toms?

All three drums on the left are snares, at least the "snare" and the one in rack tom position. The one on the left may be a shallow tom.

I'd go 12 on left, 14 and 16 to the right.

Alternatively, I once had a matching 13" for both of my kits. I placed it directly to the right of my hats. In your situation, it would be 12 - 10 - 14 - 16. What is shown in the picture below is 13 - 8 - 10 - 12 - 14 - 16...so just eliminate the 8 and 12 and that would be your setup.

You'd be surprised how often I ended up using the 13, especially in conjunction with the 1st floor (14).

DSC00023.jpg

Might aswell call that "full" up, or "full down" ...

Is that stool put in a drum? And is that snare about as high as the "up" toms?

That's Jack white's set up. Dead Weather i believe?
Any way, all the drums are completely flat and on the same level toms, floors, snares and all
The throne is an old style of throne made to match the drum kit. You see them a lot with old drum kits, think jazz and classic rock with slingerland, gretsch and ludwig. Personally i like the look of them but they always seemed uncomfortable to me.

I set it up tonight and am enjoying it so far. Here's what I came up with (10 up, 12 down on the left, 14 and 16 down on the right):

IMG_5914.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

Bump-

Just curious if anyone else is running this setup- Josh how do you like it (still out there?)?

I just moved my 18" FT to the L side of my hats (13 up, 16 FT on R, 26 kick) and I am totally transformed! fills are all over the place, crazy low accents in my two handed 16th note grooves, total freedom.

I actually have splash under my hats and slightly to the left- same general setup as the pic above but one less tom.

Anyone? Bo dont you play like this sometimes?

Bump-

Just curious if anyone else is running this setup- Josh how do you like it (still out there?)?

I just moved my 18" FT to the L side of my hats (13 up, 16 FT on R, 26 kick) and I am totally transformed! fills are all over the place, crazy low accents in my two handed 16th note grooves, total freedom.

I actually have splash under my hats and slightly to the left- same general setup as the pic above but one less tom.

Anyone? Bo dont you play like this sometimes?

Hey, sorry for the delay. I just saw this. To answer your question, no, I don't use that setup anymore. Mostly because I didn't like the tom hanging off the hi-hat...too unstable. I may try putting the 12" in a snare stand and trying that on the left.

You are not the only one using this set up, brother! I do use it as well but 1 up 1 down / 4-piece, it gives more space and flexibility to move around the kit and to swing the ride cymbal.

The main reason for this setup is to keep the ride over my kick.

I still use 3 ft's.
The 18 is out more like Steve Smith's. I sometimes do multiple strokes on it, but mainly just single hit or two drums at once.

I like the left side ft because it's like a 4 piece going each way.

108skit.jpg

MATCHINGFOOTBOARDS.jpg

325761_10150352611387100_578792099_8534849_1600569312_o.jpg

I'd put the 10 on the right, the larger rack on the left (like Cobham, Arnoff and I do - I'm not saying I play like them) and add another ft or two

Jack White's kit, right? I've always loved the look of that kit, haven't been able to imagine playing it myself. Jack plays it pretty boss, for sure...

Jack White's kit, right? I've always loved the look of that kit, haven't been able to imagine playing it myself. Jack plays it pretty boss, for sure...

Spot on, bro!
Can't imagine myself playing that either. Guess he's heading for a hunchback look when he becomes older...;)

Back