Affordable decent quality tom mounts for Pearl Optimounted toms

Mike St.Clair

I have Tama Roadpro hardware and was wondering what affordable stuff you guys have had great experience with. I'll need mounts for the 10 and 12 as well as the 14 and 16. I'd like to convert to the rims iso style mount for the FT's eventually, but they're $70 each.

I have Tama Roadpro hardware and was wondering what affordable stuff you guys have had great experience with. I'll need mounts for the 10 and 12 as well as the 14 and 16. I'd like to convert to the rims iso style mount for the FT's eventually, but they're $70 each.

So you just want to take the toms off the bass drum? Just buy a double tom arm holder that can clamp to a cymbal stand and put the down tubes in to that. Save yourself the money on the rim mounts and buy the Pearl air suspension feet for the floors. They are like $10 for a pack of 3. You will get way more natural tone than you will from the rim mount.

No, it's a virgin. I have roadpro stands, so I'll need just a section of a stand with the tom mounts on it I guess. It's looking like you have to get one with the clamp style top then buy the Pearl tom arms. I thought Gibraltor had something specific for Pearl, but didn't see it. Like these for each tom http://www.music123.com/drums-percussion/pearl-th88s-tom-holder-with-gear-tilter-short-post TH88S? Looks like the TH-900S is nicer though.

Gibraltar does have a Pearl type tom arm/holder, but it is not as good as the Pearl models. I have used both. Peace and goodwill.

Thanks for saving me the time looking.

Got a link for the Pearl air suspension mounts for the FTs?

They're right across the street from the GC where I'm picking up the drums. I'll check those out. Thanks.

That was funny! Those won't do me any good as these drums are hanging by optimounts I do believe.

I'd really prefer that iso style leg mount, but I think to start out with, it will be cheaper to buy the L arms and double clamp stand section. May even need an actual shorter, beefier stand for two FT's.

Cool, thanks for the sensible tip. That's what I did just with my 8" hanging tom on my other kits.

Back