Going to Dave Weckl clinic

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
I'm going to get my soul crushed :) at a Dave Weckl clinic this evening. I've never seen him live in any setting so it should be a great experience. Hopefully I can meet him and have him sign my Master Plan booklet. Have any of you been to see his clinics? Are they instructive or just entertaining?

Will post some pics ASAP (if allowed to take).

I went to his clinic at PASIC and I unfortunately don't remember a whole lot of what he talked about in the hour, but he did play through some tunes and I'm pretty sure he did a solo too. He signed my 21" HHX Legacy ride, too.

Wow. I'm seriously jealous. That guy is possibly my favourite drummer, have been going through a phase of listening to / watching a lot of his stuff again recently. What a player. Hope you have a great time.

I've seen him 5 times including on the latest Yamaha 30 year anniversary clinic tour. It was very entertaining until the audience questions part, where you can expect some seriously stupid questions to be asked, and it will last way too long compared to the rest of the evening. Get in line and he will sign whatever you want. Great guy.

Wow, what an evening! Dave played amazing of course and is a really nice guy. Best 10 bucks I ever spent. And yep, I got my Master Plan signed.

The questions weren't too bad, actually mostly good. I asked about trad related injury and he went into a lot of detail about what he went through and how he overcame it. It was very interesting.

He used two kits; a Stage Custom bop and an Absolute Hybrid. Here are a few pics.

Glad you enjoyed it. I saw him do a clinic a few years back and then saw him twice with Mike Stern, love Dave's playing.

Take a mattress&blanket doonah sheets&pillows as you'll need it to be comfortable when you fall asleep watching him as i did just thru sheer boredom same goes for Peter Erskine! :(.

Back in the mid 80s I saw him play with Chick Corea at Tulane University, and the next day he did a clinic at Ray Fransen's Drum Center. It was way cool. I really miss the Dave Weckl Band. Peace and goodwill.

I attended a Weckl clinic several years ago. I left very inspired!

Very nice guy!

Glad you enjoyed it. I saw him do a clinic a few years back and then saw him twice with Mike Stern, love Dave's playing.

Thanks. I really had a good time. I learned more from just watching and listening to him play than the question/answer or explanations. Being there in person doesn't compare to watching videos. Dave is a force.

Did you know about the Intensive clinic??
I'm wondering because I wanted to sign up for the one in Vancouver but I was too late and it was sold out before I even knew about it.....(8 hours with him and a small group of 12 people) and I know there was going to be also one in Laval.

What I would've done to be in one of those intensive clinics!!!! But I'll go and see his 1hr clinic here in Vancouver in a couple of weeks.

Did you know about the Intensive clinic??
I'm wondering because I wanted to sign up for the one in Vancouver but I was too late and it was sold out before I even knew about it.....(8 hours with him and a small group of 12 people) and I know there was going to be also one in Laval.

What I would've done to be in one of those intensive clinics!!!! But I'll go and see his 1hr clinic here in Vancouver in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I knew but I just can't afford it. It's almost 400 bucks. I wish I could have but I have to watch my spending.

The intensive was totally worth it. Almost 10 hours with just one short lunch break of instruction and guidance. Also the first teacher to, instead of wondering why I play traditional and urging me to switch like most tyeachers do, helped me to truly get it together.

Great teacher and nice guy, too.

Back