Premier Foot Pedal

Z

ZepGirl

Hi guys I'm new here, I ran across this pedal in a pawnshop for $25, it's a Premier 252, from I believe the eighties. Anyone know anything about them? It's kind of strange looking.
dsc01777.jpg

dsc01778r.jpg

Last edited:
Actually it's probably rather well-made. I used to play an early-70's Premier pedal for a spell and it really was a well-made bit of kit.

After testing it out today it's really quite nice, the tension for the spring adjustment is on top as well as the clamp to tighten on to the kick. You can adjust the tension of the spring very easily, it's nice not having to remove the pedal from the kick to adjust the tension. The pedal is extremely smooth and fast, in fact I like it so much I'm going to sell my double chain Mapex pedal.

After testing it out today it's really quite nice, the tension for the spring adjustment is on top as well as the clamp to tighten on to the kick. You can adjust the tension of the spring very easily, it's nice not having to remove the pedal from the kick to adjust the tension. The pedal is extremely smooth and fast, in fact I like it so much I'm going to sell my double chain Mapex pedal.

I have one stored away in my basement someplace... my premier looks a little different
than yours does? I know it came with a white felt beater & was a very good.... when I get a chance I will try to find it..

nice buy! it looks pretty sturdy. looks like the beater's been playing a black suede or ebony or something

Very weird looking but if it works, what the heck.

Back