The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

heres mine! black panther hand hammered brass!! its awesome!

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

SSside.jpg

SSkit.jpg

SSfront.jpg

mapexback.jpg

New Mapex Black Panther SS Solid Steel 14x5.5 snare. The kit is my 7 piece mapex saturn in emerald stardust.

Nice snare, how does it sound? It was the main one I was looking at from BP, along with the hammered bronze and hammered stainless steel. I know it costs more but IMO would be worth it. Oh and I too am getting a Mapex Saturn, they are so good!

Used black panthers for years now and have 2 at the moment but the phosphor bronze 6.5 x 14 is being sold to make way for a brass on brass ludwig black beauty. The other black panther snare is my Vavona burlwood deep forest 5.5 x 14 ,which I believe is quite rare as only 200 were ever made. Its a keeper and sounds absolutely stunning, its been my fave for ages now. Mapex do make great snares and the kits are good too. Had a saturn pro for a while and it sounded gorgeous but the drum sizes were a bit small and struggled to get the big sound I love. Back to playing my Premier genista with the 24" kick. Its a monster sound.
Will try to post some photos when I work out how hahaha. Computer says no!!

Used black panthers for years now and have 2 at the moment but the phosphor bronze 6.5 x 14 is being sold to make way for a brass on brass ludwig black beauty. The other black panther snare is my Vavona burlwood deep forest 5.5 x 14 ,which I believe is quite rare as only 200 were ever made. Its a keeper and sounds absolutely stunning, its been my fave for ages now. Mapex do make great snares and the kits are good too. Had a saturn pro for a while and it sounded gorgeous but the drum sizes were a bit small and struggled to get the big sound I love. Back to playing my Premier genista with the 24" kick. Its a monster sound.
[URL="http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii258/jaytorre/bronzed.jpg"]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii258/jaytorre/Vavona-Burlwood-Snare-lg.jpg[/URL]

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii258/jaytorre/vavona-burlwood.jpghttp://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii258/jaytorre/bronze-bigkick.jpg

Heres a couple of photos

Attachments

• bronze-bigkick.jpg
    bronze-bigkick.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 3,801
  • vavona-burlwood.jpg
    vavona-burlwood.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 3,801
  • Vavona-Burlwood-Snare-lg.jpg
    Vavona-Burlwood-Snare-lg.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 3,627
  • bronzed.jpg
    bronzed.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 3,702
I have recently picked up my 1st high end snare. Its a Black Panther Hammered Brass 5.5"x14".
The sound is awesome, the diecast hoops really give it that crack, I can't wait to see what it sounds like mik'd up!
It's much, much easier to tune, probably because of the 10 lugs rather than the 8 on my M-Birch snare?

Finally joined the club today!!!!!!! Waiting for my 12x7 maple and cherry to arrive. I am goint to replace the batter head but should I leave the stock resonant head?.

Ordered my Black Panther Hammered Stainless Steel 14x5.5 last month but Midwest Percussion stuffed the order up. However I will receive it first week of January which is a great way to kick off the new year:D

Will post pics once it arrives!

Hey there!
I don’t own a panther snare, but I really want to! I’m looking for a loud snare for metal/rock with as less ring as possible and a fat sound. I’ve heard that the panthers are pretty much the best. Could anyone give me some advice? :)
Greetings Breakdown

Hey Breakdown, the black panthers are some real nice snares, i've already posted mine, and i'd say you can't really go wrong with any, but if you want some advice on which one to choose, tell us about the sound you're after, and the styles you play etc, so we can get a better idea of what you want from your snare.

Back