My new Yamaha Rack

walkera1962

My new Yamaha Hex drum rack. I got the idea of this setup from a set of Spaun drums that I purchased last week on ebay. What do guy's think.

Alan

Attachments

• DSCF6315.jpg
    DSCF6315.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 8,201
  • DSCF6316.jpg
    DSCF6316.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 3,929
really nice!
can you post a pic from the driver's seat?

by the way , how many drum sets do you have?

and can you post the specs of your spaun kit? thanks!

Last edited:
Nice Congrats I love my hex rack now what you need to do is set it up for a leg less snare stand here is my setup

DSCN8458.jpg

DSCN8506.jpg

DSCN8681.jpg

Wow that is a sexy kit!

the finish is astounding!! although I'm surprised you don't have your Paragons up

-Jonathan

Don't think so :)
If you look at the pics of the paragons, on the background lies the DDrum snare he is using on this kit.
If he has 2 kits setup at the same time, he has also 2 racks.

Yours,

Sherlock Holms Jr. :)

I love the snare stand setup there. Much the same idea that Gibraltar is doing with their stealth system, but I imagine the Hexrack has that beat due to its flat sides. I will be stealing that idea for sure...

Can't wait to get one and replace my 15-year-old Gibraltar. It's worked for me, but it is tired and old...

I've been doing the side racks thing for several years, it's much more workable than a full rack across the bass drum. Allows you to carry the whole thing on and off a stage fairly quickly.

Cheers...

I love the snare stand setup there. Much the same idea that Gibraltar is doing with their stealth system, but I imagine the Hexrack has that beat due to its flat sides. I will be stealing that idea for sure...

Can't wait to get one and replace my 15-year-old Gibraltar. It's worked for me, but it is tired and old...

I've been doing the side racks thing for several years, it's much more workable than a full rack across the bass drum. Allows you to carry the whole thing on and off a stage fairly quickly.

Cheers...
Not to highjack this thread, but do you have pictures of your "side racks thing"?

Not to highjack this thread, but do you have pictures of your "side racks thing"?

Absolutely. Go to my profile and check out my picture album.

Nice! I'm glad I found this thread to have a look at these awesome racks.

I am getting pretty much the same rack (2 legged) with my Yamaha SC birch kit for FREE from musiciansfriend.com. I should have it by this coming Tuesday.

Great looking ddrum set there too btw!

Back