Dave Lombardo switches to ddrum

spides666

I guess this is old hat and covered elsewhere but I was shocked to see this on the ddrum website....man I was at a clinic not long ago and he was raving about Tama

Money talks Iguess, so I believe ddrum pay their enodorsers and offer them signature kits........Vinnie Pauls looks like a kids toy!!!

Sad times

ddrum.jpg

ddrumVinniePaul6PieceDrumSet.jpg

I agree, Vinnie Pauls kit looks pretty stupid.
The Brushed hardware is the only nice thing about it, the graphics look badly done.
The shop has the snare and it looks like a kid's drum.

I think I'm seeing a pattern here. What company do you switch to when you're old and your metal band is past it's expiry date?

DDrum.

-Jonathan

I'll take his old spot at Tama and be faithfull. haha

I wonder whatever happen to my old Swingstars? hmmmm

I don't rate ddrum at all..............plus I find it very hard for him to suddenyl say he went to ddrum because they make great drums. For me Tama and ddrum are chalk and cheese

I have seen a lot of ddrum kits and owned a Ash Pocket kit a while back and they are just poorly made

How can he compare his Starclassic to one of these ddrum kits is beyond me.

electronically ddrum were way ahead of there time but acoustically I have very little interest

if you are on a budget then go for it, but I am sure these drummers hand on heart would feel these kits are not that great comapred to the heavyweights of Tama, DW and Pearl etc

Well, the rumour is this (based purely on what I've read on various other sources online, so take this as seriously as you wish):

DDrum and Dean guitars are essentially the same company. Dimebag Darrell had a stake in Dean guitars, and his brother Vinnie Paul now has a stake in DDrum (he's also a DDrum artist, obviously). Dimebag's wife took over Dimebag's stake, and it's been hinted at that Dave Lombardo is involved with her now, which is at least part of the reason why he switched to DDrum. Add to that that DDrum actually pays many of their artists to play their drums (which is something that the other big companies don't do), and Dave's reason seem pretty clear (as long as the aforementioned story is true).

Compare that endorsement story to that of Simon Phillips, who's been with Tama & Zildjian, man & boy, for 35 years. Now that's being true to your belief in a product and your connection with the manufacturer's team. Now I can relate to that, but I never have been even slightly lead by endorsements.

Seems to me that DDrum use an indecisive child to wow indecisive children.

Seems to me that DDrum use an indecisive child to wow indecisive children.

There's also a big trend going, where artists switch to DDrum and then switch to another company within a year or so. I guess DDrum have trouble living up to the promises they give to their artists.

There's also a big trend going, where artists switch to DDrum and then switch to another company within a year or so.

Mike Terrana?

(20 blah blah blah...)

Well, the rumour is this (based purely on what I've read on various other sources online, so take this as seriously as you wish):

DDrum and Dean guitars are essentially the same company. Dimebag Darrell had a stake in Dean guitars, and his brother Vinnie Paul now has a stake in DDrum (he's also a DDrum artist, obviously). Dimebag's wife took over Dimebag's stake, and it's been hinted at that Dave Lombardo is involved with her now, which is at least part of the reason why he switched to DDrum. Add to that that DDrum actually pays many of their artists to play their drums (which is something that the other big companies don't do), and Dave's reason seem pretty clear (as long as the aforementioned story is true).

You are on to something. Although I've never heard she has a stake in the company part. But that would make sense.

Also Dave is going though a messy divorce, and he and his now-ex have 5 kids together. So I would imagine much of his Slayer money is tied up in court. So along comes Ddrum with an offer of some cash to switch, cash that might not be counted as part of the divorce process, and maybe he just needed it to tie him over, or maybe just to replenish his bank account given his now-ex is going to walk away with a large chunk of everything he had.

As long as Dave continues to play drums I do not care what he endorses or any other drummer for that matter, it is up to the artist to pick what instrument they want to play. Tama as a company is great although I wish they had not decided to move production of high end kits to China.

Ray Luzier is another one. I can't remember anyone else right now, but I know there have been a few over the last couple of years.

Travis Smith is another one I can think of!

Ray Luzier is another one. I can't remember anyone else right now, but I know there have been a few over the last couple of years.

Luzier has now switched to Pearl.

no whores in this industry, are there? :)

Also Dave is going though a messy divorce, and he and his now-ex have 5 kids together. So I would imagine much of his Slayer money is tied up in court. So along comes Ddrum with an offer of some cash to switch, cash that might not be counted as part of the divorce process

In other words this is the last thing Lombardo should be doing if that was the case.........until the Divorce is granted all earnings are taken into account.......

In other words this is the last thing Lombardo should be doing if that was the case.........until the Divorce is granted all earnings are taken into account.......

Possible. I have no idea when/if the divorce is/was granted.

I know it's a factor in his life that could be a motivation to acquire some quick and easy cash.

Back