Working On thomas Lang's Creative Coordination....

stellar92010

...and advanced foot technique. Decided I would give it a try after I met him a few weeks ago at a clinic.

great exercises, and EXTREMELY HARD for someone at my level. But I'll get there.

And I realized, after opening the book and reading some of his comments and the exercises, I've just been inside the mind of a genius.

And I realized, after opening the book and reading some of his comments and the exercises, I've just been inside the mind of a genius.

Thomas is great and seems to be a great guy as well. But, to tell the truth, his creative coordination book seems highly derivative of Marco Minneman's Extreme Interdependence, which came out years before Lang's work.

Marco was the first guy to codify that whole approach and he's taken it further than anyone else has.

In no way am I trying to minimize Lang's ability or anything like that. Just providing a little background info.

I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to work on, I think what ever my teacher says is good to move on. He's got me way farther along than I thought I would be so I will just listen to what he says.

Thomas Lang was cool too, really a humble guy. I talked with him a bit about Paul Gilbert when he used to play with him, since I was a guitar player all my life.

But his clinic was sick. I don't know anyone who can do 4 different things in four different rhtyhms on 4 limbs at the same time like he does. To me it looks impossibly hard.

Back