Blushda fill - drum lesson

I could hear your voice fine...on a Kindle. Could definitely be louder to provide full clarity. Otherwise, good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, my voice is exceptionally low due to the auto gain on the mic I was using. It sounds okay through headphones, but I'm going to use a separate mic for talking in the future.

I could hear you fine. It was a little low but not bad. Great lesson. I forgot about this rudiment, now I need to get back to the kit to practice.

I could hear you fine, but I had to ride the volume because the drums were then REALLY loud. Maybe consider using two separate mice. That way you can duck them in post.

The notation at the bottom is a nice touch.

I would consider bringing your grace notes down on the flams. I agreed with the guy in the YouTube comments at first. It really looks like you're playing Swiss Army Triplets. After I watched it a second time I could see that you were technically playing Flam Accents, but your grace note was equally as high, if not higher than your primary note, so it's hard to tell. Also, the "embellishment" that you're speaking of could also simply be called flam drag.

If you're trying to get a bunch of followers and do a Mike Johnston kind of thing I would consider keeping it shorter. People lose interest in videos SO QUICKLY. Play it once, twice and most. Tell us what it is, slow it down and get out of there.

It's a great start though. Post some more. Nice tubs, by the way.

Cool lick, but yeah, I would have to say your flams are pretty flat. Your grace note is almost louder than the primary. If I saw my students doing that I'd rip out my hair.

Will try to learn this!

Back