Need some jazz tips, please!

Luis Neto

Hey,
I just wanted to know if someone could give me tips about jazz grip and jazz playing, cause I'm a begginer jazz player and I really want to get better.
If someone could tell me some rudiments, techniques, I would be very thankful.

Hey,
I just wanted to know if someone could give me tips about jazz grip and jazz playing, cause I'm a begginer jazz player and I really want to get better.

You need to be listening and watching some of the great jazz players - who to me, represent great players, period.

Spend some money on some DVD's - check out especially the Buddy Rich autobiography DVD that was narrated by Mel Torme, excellent shots of seeing a master play the instrument. As far as rudiments and techniques go, they're all the same for everybody, regardless what you play, you just need to see how they're used by the masters.

If you don't have money, start YouTubing Buddy Rich, Max Roach, Tony Williams, Louie Bellson, Gene Krupa, there are so many of them....and watch and listen!

Hey,

first listen to lots and lots of jazz music. listen to what the drummers play what kind of fills that they do and stuff

secondly get a teacher to teach you how to grip properly and

thirdly get jazz books (syncopation for the modern drummer and stick control are both great books for everything)

Back