Deleted

The premier series also offers Maple or Birch or X-Gen shells (think thats birch and maple).
They're meant to be great drums with some good features. Worth looking at if you have the money :\

lol if you're talking about the export mounts then yeah ewwwww...
I think the high end ones (cant remember what theyre called) are quite good. Theyre no dw though :)

i have no idea what this is about either...but i own some artist birch Premiers and the are amazing. best drums for the price. the mounts are very easy to use also. if you asking how good they are...: they're great buy them (if ur looking to buy?)

Premier makes some killer drums, but the fact that they're an English company is mainly why you don't see too many kits over here in the U.S. The drums and hardware on the older kits is all metric sizing so fitting drum heads and swapping a cymbal bottom out with another brand makes older kits less than ideal to work with. You have to really be a die hard fan. A buddy drummer cat I know has a newer Premier birch kit and it slams. Great quality and some of the nicest chrome I've ever seen.

Premier Artist Birch are just great drums. The shells are of excellent quality and I would easily put the 'Premier' sound up against my other two favourites, Sonor and Yamaha. Although if you're going all the way, you might want to consider Premier's top end kit. The Artist Birch is their high intermediate kit (although I've seen it used professionally more than once). Great drums.

yea, premiers are so overlooked, my artist birch kit was used and i got it at a guitar center for $700!!!!.
it didnt have a snare but it was the full fusion size kit otherwise. its great, and im only 15 but i do play gigs and it always sounds better than the tamas out ther (in my opinion)

My only concern is about their support in the states. It took me two months to get some replacement lugs. Now that I'm back behind them I must say it was worth the wait for the parts.

Why would you EVER replace the Premier tom mounts for PEARL tom mounts? Man, what's up with that?!?

That's like saying, "I'm going to get a V-8 Ford Mustang and replace the engine with a 3-cylinder."

That's just ridiculous. Stop wasting your money on stuff like that.

TwoBee

jollymosher said:
the head sizes are americian right? the reason i like pearl mounts better is they are way more ajustable than more. and i set up really weird.

Wait, they are MORE adjustable? Are you serious???
Have you ever played another drumset before with Yamaha/Tama-style drum mounts?

You're missing out and making a mistake...

MC2B

I have to say the Yamaha YESS mounts are far and away superior to any other mounnt on the market. You can postion your toms in a million different positions.

jollymosher said:
I play a tama... but i dont like the mounts.

Wow ... I guess you just don't like 'em! Hahaha.

Well, right on. Good luck with your new kit.

MC2B

Premier drums are great , i've had the Artist Birch and they were amazing , they have the Premier Premier top line ...and if you'll have a chance to hear it .... get your self ready to grap your jow.... i'm a Yamaha fan and the Maple Custom's are the best Maple drums for me but , the Premier Premier are my second choice...
anyways - the artist birch / maple are great drums , go for it .

jollymosher said:
the head sizes are americian right?
On the Premier website they even mention the drumshells being slightly undersized. I guess the old metric/whateverthehellitwas shell still haunts them. Yeah, standard drumheads will fit.

hi all, first post on here, ive got a new premier artist birch fusion kit. really nice kit, had to stick Evans G2's on the toms because my everplay 1ply split on the floor tom which was a surprise, but now sounds a lot better. so yeah i recommend premier kit and the tom mounts! snare is prob the worst part of the kit.

Back