New Cobras

numa_cruiser

Apparently I'm not the only one who's excited about the new Iron Cobras. What will happen when my six piece Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit shows up?

Attachments

• DSC03292rev.JPG
    DSC03292rev.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC03294rev.JPG
    DSC03294rev.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 471
..."I knew I made the right choice when doggeh accepted the iron cobra into the family..."

Nice hats! What finish is the SC bubinga?

Very nice and I hope you get Rover out the way so you can get some PT. I upgraded my 500 series Mapex gear to IC's myself and it was a real difference.

..."I knew I made the right choice when doggeh accepted the iron cobra into the family..."

Nice hats! What finish is the SC bubinga?

Thanks, I've got a whole set of new Agops lurking in the closet waiting for the new kit. The finish is Natural Cordia. It's been eight long months.

Thanks, I've got a whole set of new Agops lurking in the closet waiting for the new kit. The finish is Natural Cordia. It's been eight long months.

NICE! I like that finish much better than the black SC bubinga kit I saw Mike Portnoy playing. That kit is going to be complimentary to the rich/dark Agop cymbals.
NCD%20copy.jpg

Incidentally, I am waiting for a new Trick kit myself. But since it's made in Illinois of aluminum, it's only 6-8 weeks wait. But trust me: I did the order route once and it took forever, and the wait was painful. I know the feeling.

The Cordia is spectacular. I tested out a 14 x 8 Cordia snare a few months back and was impressed by both sound and beauty. I can't wait to see all your gear set up. Very exciting.

very nice welcome to the cobra family! i love the new cams they put on them. mine dont have them cause i got my cobras before they upgradedthem with those cams very nice!

The Cordia is spectacular. I tested out a 14 x 8 Cordia snare a few months back and was impressed by both sound and beauty. I can't wait to see all your gear set up. Very exciting.

I went into my local shop a couple weeks ago and saw a smaller 6.5x13Cordia snare and it looked/sounded pretty amazing. How would you characterize the sound of the 8x14? I ordered it without hearing it as they aren't exactly common. I should be seeing my kit in about three weeks if everything goes well. I'm practically scratching my eyes out waiting, my order was lost the first time around...hence the eight month wait.

I went into my local shop a couple weeks ago and saw a smaller 6.5x13Cordia snare and it looked/sounded pretty amazing. How would you characterize the sound of the 8x14? I ordered it without hearing it as they aren't exactly common. I should be seeing my kit in about three weeks if everything goes well. I'm practically scratching my eyes out waiting, my order was lost the first time around...hence the eight month wait.

It was loud but retained a nice tone. We tuned it really loose in the shop and it sounded like some Civil War battlefield drum; very surreal. It has a nice tuning range and was very warm. The quality was top notch as well.

That is a great pic. It's funny that I love to look at pics like this, yet I hate my own dogs.... :)

Love the Iron Cobra. I have a $50 Tama pedal that uses "Iron Cobra Technology" and I absolutely love it. I can only imagine how the real deal feels. Congrats....

Back