New Ludwig Snare

The drum seems to have a decent price-point at $299. The color(s) are very nice, but it looks a little like desert camouflage.

Oh yes I would like to try out one of these.
If I did buy one, I would want a different wrap color.

Yep, that looks quite interesting. Ludwig certainly knows how to make good snare drums. Peace and goodwill.

It's got the Keystone ply layup.
Now - if Ludwig could be talked into making a 10,12,14,20 to go along with that snare.....

And the Keystone edge. It undoubtedly sounds like a Keystone, and they make those sizes and more in that line. So, other than the lugs, I wonder what's 'different' about this?

I'll guess that it's a GC exclusive, they get something a little (or a lot) different every year from Ludwig.

Bermuda

Ditto on the wrap but why do they put red oak veneer on the outside and them cover it with a wrap??

Ditto on the wrap but why do they put red oak veneer on the outside and them cover it with a wrap??

That was a move made by their well funded Department of Not Making Sense, the same people responsible for the phillips screws on their P-86.

I'm a Ludwig fan, and they never cease to amaze me with their ability to introduce mindless features and ugly finishes. BUT . . . I actually like the color of this drum. To me, it looks quite classy.

GeeDeeEmm

Back