Greetings

Hey, Dennis!

Welcome!

What are your drumming vitals?

Hey, Dennis!

Welcome!

What are your drumming vitals?

Piano player that started playing drums at church when the drummer quit. I can keep time(from 30 years of practicing piano with a metronome) and throw a few extras in there but basically a newb. Bought some sticks and a practice pad and have been running through the rudiments about two hours a day so I'm catching up. No drums except for the EDrums (Roland) at the church but I'm looking... LOL. Thanks for the welcome and I really appreciate this forum and the vic firth rudiment lessons.

Dennis

Hi Dennis, good to meet you. I'm a former pianist lately-turned-drummer too. Drums are much, much more fun!

Hi Dennis, good to meet you. I'm a former pianist lately-turned-drummer too. Drums are much, much more fun!

Magenta,

Hay man.. Thanks!. Still deciding on an ekit or acoustic right now. The set at church is an e-kit and it's OK but the hi-hat is very limiting to me. I practiced last night at the church for about two hours and the one thing that stood out was how hard it was to hear the hi-hat when just played with my foot and not striking the pad. I was practicing an off beat using the hat and playing the toms. They sound OK but definitely didn't sound real to me. The acoustic kit is going to be tough with the wife and kids around though...

Dennis

Acoustic kit with mesh heads or rubber pads over normal heads and cymbals. Simples!

And get your wife and kids playing too - job done :)

Back